So I'm a really picky eater..

Options
but I love soup..

Chicken soup,, nah,
tomato soup, nah..

I like vegetable soup. I can't find a soup that I like. I like to have soup for lunch, it's quick and healthy..
I don't like celery in my soup. For the life of me most soup has celary. I don't care for noodles in my soup, but can deal with em. Also I like to eat crackers in my soup. I really just love the juice more than anything. lol

What kind of soup should I buy?
Also, what kind of crackers (i usually eat saltines) can I eat with my soup that is healthier.?

Much love for any replies!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• ChristyMomx3
    Options
    but I love soup..

Chicken soup,, nah,
    tomato soup, nah..

I like vegetable soup. I can't find a soup that I like. I like to have soup for lunch, it's quick and healthy..
    I don't like celery in my soup. For the life of me most soup has celary. I don't care for noodles in my soup, but can deal with em. Also I like to eat crackers in my soup. I really just love the juice more than anything. lol

What kind of soup should I buy?
    Also, what kind of crackers (i usually eat saltines) can I eat with my soup that is healthier.?

Much love for any replies!:flowerforyou:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I really like Health Valley's 14 vegetable soup. I can't remember if it has celery though :wink:
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Maybe try the V8 soups? Also, try wheat saltines...I find they are much tastier than the regular ones! I'm also pretty picky! I eat frizen meals for lunch often...but I can't stand pre-cooked frozen chicken...so that REALLY limits my choices...dont eat chicken in soups either.

Good luck!
  • SUMMERV
    SUMMERV Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just had soup for lunch. I buy the light, 50% less sodium Progresso soups. They're really good and low in calories.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I would make your own. Use a good low sodium broth and add what ever kind of vegetables you want. Make a large pot. Let it cool and put it into small containers and freeze. Then you can have soup whenever you want.
    Some herbs I like in soup are basil, oregano, thyme, cilantro. And of couse some pepper. Want to spice it up put in a can of Rotel tomatoes with chilies. If you want to add some protein and don't mind beans add some of those to. Just make sure to rinse them if you are using canned. It helps to get rid of some of the salt.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    make your own, carrot is my fav!

or try carrot and butternut squash! YUM! :drinker:
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    Maybe try the V8 soups? Also, try wheat saltines...I find they are much tastier than the regular ones! I'm also pretty picky! I eat frizen meals for lunch often...but I can't stand pre-cooked frozen chicken...so that REALLY limits my choices...dont eat chicken in soups either.

Good luck!

I do n't like the chicken either.. bleh.. the pizza's are really good, high in sodium though, and the fettuccine.
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    I just had soup for lunch. I buy the light, 50% less sodium Progresso soups. They're really good and low in calories.

That's what I just had.. and it said vegetable and i didn't read the ingredients, huge chunks of celery and noodles.. The brought was awesome though.
  • ChristyMomx3
    Options
    I would make your own. Use a good low sodium broth and add what ever kind of vegetables you want. Make a large pot. Let it cool and put it into small containers and freeze. Then you can have soup whenever you want.
    Some herbs I like in soup are basil, oregano, thyme, cilantro. And of couse some pepper. Want to spice it up put in a can of Rotel tomatoes with chilies. If you want to add some protein and don't mind beans add some of those to. Just make sure to rinse them if you are using canned. It helps to get rid of some of the salt.

Okay, I'm a novice cook. What kind of broth? and where is the broth at? I saw chicken broth and beef broth....
  • jaydanna
    Options
    I have carrot and coriander its sooooo yummy!!! You have to try it! x
  • Super_mom
    Super_mom Posts: 185
    Options
    im not a big fan of soup but i like it if I make it myself or get it from
    au bon pain, i have started to make my own and that way I can
    put what i want in it, i recently made some soup with corn, onions,
    greenpeppers, carrots, spinach and 1 small diced potatoe for seasoning
    i used bay leaf, pepper, garlic powder, season all salt, cumin and
    chicken broth (swanson) it was really great.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    broth or stock is usually in the same area as the soup. Just read the labels for all natural ingredients and low sodium. You could even use one of the vegetable stocks that are out.

I would use one box 32oz. And add any vetables you like. For me it depends on what I have. The last one was canned tomatoes, carrots, green pepper, onion, celery (I know you don't like it but I did!) zucchini. When the vegetables were soft I added a bag of cheese tortellini. They were spinach and ricotta and oh so yummy! I also added some spicey Italian sausage, basil & oregano.

You really can make up your own with what you like. Experiment. The only thing I don't like doing is freezing it after pasta has been added. The pasta doesn't freeze as good. So I add that after I heat it back up and let the pasta cook. If you add pasta you might have to add alittle water.

Also just google soup recipes. I love soup all year long.
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    check out recipe sites like www.allrecipes.com or www.recipezaar.com
    there are lots of soups on there that you could alter to your tastes.