Best heart rate monitor for price/quality?

Options
I'm looking for a way to accurately (well, as accurately as possible) count my burned calories, so I'm wondering what would be my best bet for a relatively good price?

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4/FT7.

Both give a pretty accurate calorie estimation and are between 60-100 dollars depending on where you buy it.
  • dardar02
    dardar02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Polar is the best and most reliable. I have had mine for 5 years now and it is still working great. Battery has been replaced twice.
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Got my eye on the FT4, on amazon for $65 right now
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I got the New Balance N4 for around $55, it has worked well for me, and does all the same things as the FT4. I love it.
  • kellehj
    kellehj Posts: 14
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I will check those out :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I love my Pyle Sports PHRM38 Heart Rate Monitor Watch with 3D Walking/Running Sensor. It only cost $32.99 at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RQWYDO
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Just remember that if it doesn't have a chest strap, it's not worth your time.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I had a Pyle, it worked okay for a couple of weeks then started acting crazy, now I have a Polar FT4 and I LOVE IT! :)))
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    I have an Polar FT4... they say polar is the most accurate and the FT4 is most reasonably priced polar. Make sure you have a chest strap
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Got my eye on the FT4, on amazon for $65 right now

FT7 is only $5 more, wonder if it's worth it :)
  • Kelly50054
    Options
    Kelly, does that go around the arm or on the wrist?
  • tommys
    tommys Posts: 61
    Options
    I purchased two Polar FT40 models with the chest strap and watch brand new on ebay for my wife and I for about $72 each they are AWESOME!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I love my Pyle Sports PHRM38 Heart Rate Monitor Watch with 3D Walking/Running Sensor. It only cost $32.99 at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004RQWYDO

i just looked it up and it has a chest strap.