Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In January 14

Options
Happy Monday! :yawn: I am one sleepy person this morning! Hope everyone else if awake and full of loads of energy!

I had a pretty sad weekend, exercise wise. I always have big plans but they don't always come to be. What I did do yesterday was clean. We boarded our dogs in our sunroom while we were in WA and it needed to be cleaned up and converted back into a playroom. That's about it! I was going to ride my bike at the very least but my 1 year old must not be feeling well and was up until 11:30 last night.

Anyway, +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Send me exercise vibes today, please! I've got to get MOVING!
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! :yawn: I am one sleepy person this morning! Hope everyone else if awake and full of loads of energy!

I had a pretty sad weekend, exercise wise. I always have big plans but they don't always come to be. What I did do yesterday was clean. We boarded our dogs in our sunroom while we were in WA and it needed to be cleaned up and converted back into a playroom. That's about it! I was going to ride my bike at the very least but my 1 year old must not be feeling well and was up until 11:30 last night.

Anyway, +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Send me exercise vibes today, please! I've got to get MOVING!
    Niccole
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I'll send you all I can spare, Nicole!

Yesterday I did something radical for me. I took it easy. I started the day with a 30 minute leisurely walk with husband. In the afternoon, I got dressed for the gym. I was about to head out, when I realized how many things on my body hurt - back, shoulders, stomach, legs. I put my jeans back on and washed my car instead (we could really use some rain!). I went over a few hundred calories, but I'm ok with that. I feel much better today.

I tell people to listen to their body all the time - I was ignoring mine! Today is another walk and yoga class.
  • jilly30
    jilly30 Posts: 43
    Options
    Hi :wink: I hear you about getting movatied for excercise today, It can be so tough!!! why can't it be as easy has opening the fridge (lol) anyway getting ready to do my workout right now. Get to it ; )Think of how great you will feel when it's actually done. Have a great day, Jilly
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Happy Monday all! I did my Hip Hop Total Body Burn again & I'm headed outside for an hour or so of shoveling...:flowerforyou:
  • kckat96
    kckat96 Posts: 72
    Options
    :happy: I gave my body a rest this weekend and I feel great today. Got on the rowing machine and did 15 minutes at a fast pace.....and I felt great. Weighed in at 327 lbs on friday and maintained that weight through the weekend....way to go me!! :bigsmile: Positive thoughts going out to everyone. Have a great day.....hugs from kckat96
  • suevittorioso
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i worked this w/e and didn't even look at the exercize equipment! this morning i went out from 8-10 shoveling and pick axing ice and snow.it was fun to be outside but a lot of work.i hope this counts towards exercize. you guys have motivated me to get to the ab lounger and my sister taped an exercize show for me-i'll do that later today.thanx
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I did an hour of Taebo this morning! I'm already sore! :smile:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi all, guess I fit in with the rest of you, I didn't do any exercise yesterday. Today I did 45 minutes of beginner yoga and 30 strength training on my stability ball. Still snowing steadily here. Will see you tomorrow:smile:
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    Hi all

Not much exercise from me this weekend or today my 2 youngest kids came down with norovirus (stomach flu) on friday night so only got 2 hours sleep had to bleach the floors and do a major clean on Sat to prevent reinfection they are still vomiting today to make things worse I had all good intentions to go for a long walk yesterday but woke up with the same bug and had to spend the whole day resting couldn't eat or drink anything I felt so weak, so today has been a wash out also cleaned the house a bit and played quietly with the kids. Still running on empty managed to eat a couple of cookies and a mug of soup but thats all I can manage hopefully I will be able to do a bit more tomorrow gonna try for 20 to 30 mins on the elliptical first thing then a walk with the dogs but it may not happen as this bug really leaves you drained and can take a week to recover at least I am not over indulging so I shouldn't gain any weight I am struggling with drinking water but I will be fine and back on form in a day or so.
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I should have done more this weekend than I actually did, mainly because I had the time. Instead I did a 40 min treadmill video on Sat and 60 min of cross country skiing yesterday. I also practiced some jazz and classical music (I play trombone in several bands) which supposedly is exercise but I didn't add that in. My arms are still tired from snowboarding on Wed and Fri so I need to give them a break. Not sure what I will end up doing after work, I may do the bike and catch up on some reading.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I ran today.I did a 15 minute warm up, 12 incline at 3.5-worked my legs out-4 sets of 20 each-reverse lunges, walking lunges and squats-worked calves and butt-did 1 mile on the stair master and I walked 5 minutes and ran 3 minutes-for a total of 45 minutes-5 incline
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today was more walking on campus with that darn backpack. (so 30 minutes of hiking).
    I also did my 20 minutes of weights.

My gym has added more 60 minute spin classes! Happy new year! I'll be able to do two a week starting tomorrow.

Positivity, positivity, positivity.:flowerforyou:
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Options
    50 minutes on the eliptical and 100 crunches down
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    30 min on gazelle... wind chill was too bad to run outside. 1-day till the pool opens! :)
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I walked for 30 minutes today at lunch with 3 lb weights in each hand.

Rode my recumbent bike for 30 minutes after dinner...

Going to the living room to do my cruches!

Angela
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    Acturally had a very good weekend. Shoveled some snow saturday, and then enjoyed the snow by snowshoeing for 2 hours. It felt great, but am having a little trouble getting motivated today. Anxious for my weigh in tomorrow....:smile:
  • christy_fl
    Options
    wow, I'm kinda jealous! Snow shoveling? Ice scraping? Snow shoeing??? Sooo much cold weather!!! Florida girl here. :bigsmile:
    Regarding exercise...Does typing count for exercise? hehe
    Just got on the scale today & rejoicing...40 pounds down today! woohoo!!:bigsmile:
    I'm off to do 20 minutes of strength training & pilates!
    Smooches!