Foods that make you feel full

Options
2»

Replies

• acelliott28
    Options
    Are you excerising any? I was told that you need to eat your carbs in the am to midday and make sure they are the good ones like Fruit and Vegetables.Low to minimum amounts of carbs after 3pm. Also you should eat your whole grains and fruit first thing in the morning ( the first hr of waking) along with a glass of green tea and lemon no sugar or as close as possible 32oz of water. Be sure to have equal portions of Carbs with each meal so that they are used properly. Load up with water, fiber and Protein after 3pm. And dont forget that if you eat every 3 hrs you will not get hungry.. That is the key try not to let yourself go longer or get hunger pangs.
  • rheanon06
    Options
    WOW! Thanks everyone for your advice! Being new to this site, I wasn't sure how it would all good, but you've given me a great first impression! I'm going to try what you all recommend and see what works the best.

Cheers!
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and a fruit/veggie with a big glass of water.
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Veggeis fill you up, they have very little calories for their weight. A piece of fruit a day can also help - not many calories for the weight of the food, although the sugar in fruit means that it has lower satiety in comparison to vegetables.

I agree that low fat protein sources and porridge are also really filling.
  • healthieramanda
    healthieramanda Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Protein, fibre and water!!!

I usually have a large glass of water when I'm hungry, if I'm still full 30 minutes later I'll have a snack of something like a slice of cheese, nuts, lean meat or something yummy and filling!
  • taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    The most important thing to help you stick with a low calorie diet is to make sure you fully enjoy everything you eat and make sure these meals are high in protein & fibre.

Here are some of my favourites:

Breakfasts (about 200 calories each)
    1. Porridge w/ 1/2 banana, water, 1/4 skim milk, 1 tsp maple syrup (sometimes with 1 TBS peanut butter)
    2. Soft boiled egg with whole wheat toast (110 calories)
    3. slice of whole wheat toast with 1 TBS peanut butter and 1/2 a banana
    4. 130g Non fat Greek yogurt, handful of berries or 1 pear or 1/2 banana, 1 tsp agave, 10 grams granola

Lunches (between 200 and 500 calories)
    1. 7 vegetable detox soup from Itsu sushi (187 calories)
    2. Either a parma ham salad, tuna nicoise, or chicken nacho salad. (usually 500 calories)
    3. chicken fajita with brown rice (300 calories)

Dinners (200 to 500 calories)
    1. steak with green salad
    2. fish with beet & feta salad
    3. chicken rice-noodle soup (new favourite)
    4. chicken fajitas

But these are things I like to eat and you need to find your healthy favourites. When I stick to my favourites it's easy to not over eat and stick to my allowed calories. Sometimes I'll try a new recipe (e.g Breakfast cake) that doesn't satisfy my taste buds and keep eating, so I had one bad day, but it's good to try new recipes and you might discover a new favourite.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    A coconut cream and pumpkin shake kept me full for 24 hours...(1/2 cup coconut cream, 1/2 cup pumpkin, some ice and some sweetener if you choose to, blended up nice and frothy). Fat keeps you full.
  • taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    A coconut cream and pumpkin shake kept me full for 24 hours...(1/2 cup coconut cream, 1/2 cup pumpkin, some ice and some sweetener if you choose to, blended up nice and frothy). Fat keeps you full.

That sounds tasty and satisfying!