Shhh...!

Options
I found something to motivate me today!!! I work at school all day and I was walking to the office and I heard a conversation going on in the lounge about dieting and talking about how they had tried this and that and lost and gained and trying again....well, no one knows that I'm trying to lose weight, b/c typically when people know you are trying, they say something like "I can tell you are losing weight" or "your diet seems to be working" and you know good and well they can't tell you've lost a lb! So, the motivating factor in this is that I'm going to see if I can cause them to notice my weightloss without them knowing that I'm trying, hehee:happy: Isn't that just plain childish:laugh: I'll let you know when they notice!!! Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Replies

• clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I found something to motivate me today!!! I work at school all day and I was walking to the office and I heard a conversation going on in the lounge about dieting and talking about how they had tried this and that and lost and gained and trying again....well, no one knows that I'm trying to lose weight, b/c typically when people know you are trying, they say something like "I can tell you are losing weight" or "your diet seems to be working" and you know good and well they can't tell you've lost a lb! So, the motivating factor in this is that I'm going to see if I can cause them to notice my weightloss without them knowing that I'm trying, hehee:happy: Isn't that just plain childish:laugh: I'll let you know when they notice!!! Anyone else know what I'm talking about?
  • AugustBaby1973
    Options
    Hee hee! I knoooow! :laugh: I haven't told my co-workers in my office that I'm dieting, and the one person who I work out with just snuffed out my flame for working out with HER, so I'm going solo again!! Just wait until they see you getting smaller!!! :tongue:
  • brookefoley
    brookefoley Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It's nice when people notice before you have to tell them that you're trying. It's a recognition of all your hard work!!

Just don't get discouraged if it takes a little time before people start noticing. You can do it!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea!! I hope it works for you - sometimes people don't say anything because they don't want to offend.

I about fell off my chair yesterday - a rep from one of the trucking companies we use came in and she takes one look at me and says "You're losing weight. You look great. You are losing weight aren't you?" It was so funny - but what a ego booster!!! I recommended this site to her and hope to see her around sometime soon!

Good luck to you and I hope you get noticed!
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    The funny thing is when every 3 hrs you're munching on something (so it looks like you're eating all the time) and then you lose! :wink:

Looking forward to your post saying "hey, they noticed" or "they called me skinny" or stuff. Surprise them! :flowerforyou:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    GREAT PLAN!!!!