Aim to get into Size 10 jeans by Sat 15th March!!

Options
Hi - I just started a new healthy eating plan and am determined to lose a stone by mid March. I am so excited and feel so empowered that I will lose this weight by that date.

Hope you all feel inspirational with the New Year and a New You!

Take care

Gina

Replies

• scottishfruitbat
    Options
    Hi - I just started a new healthy eating plan and am determined to lose a stone by mid March. I am so excited and feel so empowered that I will lose this weight by that date.

Hope you all feel inspirational with the New Year and a New You!

Take care

Gina
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hi Gina, My goal is to be 140 on April 5th. My B/F challeged me with the hope of a new swiming suit.
    (April 5th, because you see that sailboat in the pic that we are standing in front of?? THAT is PUT IN DAY at the lake.) I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! Weeeeeeee
    Now all I have to do is think of a challenge for him.
    Anyone have any ideas? He was telling me this morning that he was going to start eating less to loss his belly. :ohwell: (For him that means eating a bunch of lettuce, I have seen him do this before, and I have seen the result too. BIG PIG OUT and weight GAIN. I will keep you updated on how his EATING less thing works for him. :laugh:
    Man I love to be proven right!
    :bigsmile:
    --Diann...
  • scottishfruitbat
    Options
    Hi Dianne

My 41st birthday is 3rd April and I want to be 139 - how weird is that? I WILL be in those jeans on my birthday and I shall think of you on the 5th in your posh new swimming costume. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Take care

Gina
    x
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Hi Gina! I'm a Gina too! lol Welcome!
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    Hi , welcome!!!! I have a dumb question... What is a stone???
    :embarassed: :embarassed:
  • anouka
    anouka Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi , welcome!!!! I have a dumb question... What is a stone???
    :embarassed: :embarassed:

I had to look it up, too. ha! according to wiki:

"The stone is a unit of weight. It is part of the Imperial system of weights and measures used in the British Isles, and formerly used in most Commonwealth countries. It is equal to 14 pounds and to 6.35029318 kilograms. Eight stone make a hundredweight in the Imperial system.

Although no longer an official unit of measure, the stone remains widely used within the British Isles as a means of expressing human body weight. People in these countries normally describe themselves as weighing, for example, "11 stone 4" (11 stone and 4 pounds), rather than "72 kilograms" in most other countries, or "158 pounds" (the conventional way of expressing the same weight in the United States)."

Learn something new everyday. Thanks Dawn, for asking, and Gina for bringing it up -- ha. :flowerforyou:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    welcome Gina!
    It will be at least August before I get into size 10 jeans, but I'm on my way.

I actually knew what a stone was from watching the Biggest Loser UK on BBC America.
  • cwert2
    cwert2 Posts: 2
    Options
    I haven't heard that for a while ( stone) I am from NZ ... live in the States and hear pounds all the time.
    I am new to this site as of today so hope to see results by August 08, this looks like a great place to start:smile:
  • scottishfruitbat
    Options
    Nice to meet you too! Hope you're doing well. I've lost 2 lbs this week. Take care! :happy:
  • scottishfruitbat
    Options
    Hiya - August will soon come round!! Hope you do well - it's great to get off to a good start. I've got rid of 2lbs this week so I'm well happy!!:happy: Take care for now!