Setting Goals and Rewards

Does anyone else have trouble setting short term goals and the rewards that go with them? I know what my overall goal is, but I have a hard time setting short term goals.

Replies

• PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    I set a mini goals and medium goals. I reward with little treats, like a new book or something that is not too pricey LOL

Currently I am trying to get to -75 (which is halfway for me) reward is fancy body wash.

Some people do better with like 10 or 20 lb increments - with larger "prizes". I do every five and smaller trinkets :)

I have a friend who does it by the working back in time. I was 260 in x year . 242 in x year. etc. When she passes a year, she buys an outfit.

Because you are a dude, I am not sure what sort of trinkets that you would like?

Maybe doing an activities like going to a movie? Or going fishing>? or whatever hobby you enjoy.

Wow, i am wicked rambling at this point
    tl;dr
  • mamasyd
    mamasyd Posts: 80 Member
    Rather than focus on a specific number, I try to gauge my intermediate goals by life events. I wanted to get to the weight I was when I our second child was born, then to what I was when our first child was born, then to the weight I was at my wedding, and so on. Honestly, I don't have any kind of 'prize' for the accomplishment other than knowing that I have done it. With the kind of weight loss that I have had, buying new outfits (at Goodwill, because otherwise there is no way I could afford it) happens on a fairly regular basis! LOL