NSV - on an airplane

Options
paxetamore
paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
Returned from vacation mere hours ago, and I have to say it was an amazing feeling to not be "oozing" into my neighbor's seat on flights. Ya know, when those flabby hip/thigh saddlebags are squishing against a complete stranger, ugh! I had not expected this change and had mentally prepared for the worst, as I have only lost 14 pounds, but DANG, it was awesome!

Replies

• Whitneylol
    Options
    Returned from vacation mere hours ago, and I have to say it was an amazing feeling to not be "oozing" into my neighbor's seat on flights. Ya know, when those flabby hip/thigh saddlebags are squishing against a complete stranger, ugh! I had not expected this change and had mentally prepared for the worst, as I have only lost 14 pounds, but DANG, it was awesome!

Yay!!!! It's truly the little things in life :)

I really hate when strangers rub/touch me so I completely understand how awesome this is!!
  • stnyco
    stnyco Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow! Isn't it amazing how our body changes. Congratulations!
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    That is a brilliant NSV!! Well done you :flowerforyou:

I remember the first time I didn't need to use an extension belt. Its a great feeling and makes all the hard work worthwhile :smile:
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    Congratulations!! I hope you had a fantastic time on vacation other than the wonderful feeling on the plane :)
  • mzjessicab
    mzjessicab Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Awwww! So happy foryou Hun! Congratulations!
  • 1prettysmile
    Options

I remember the first time I didn't need to use an extension belt. Its a great feeling and makes all the hard work worthwhile :smile:

Can't wait for the day that I don't have to try and discreetly ask for a seatbelt extension. Many will not understand how big of a deal your accomplishment is. But any larger person that has had to endure an uncomfortable flight in an unforgiving seat is loudly cheering for you! Way to go!:happy:
  • debswebby
    Options

Can't wait for the day that I don't have to try and discreetly ask for a seatbelt extension. Many will not understand how big of a deal your accomplishment is. But any larger person that has had to endure an uncomfortable flight in an unforgiving seat is loudly cheering for you! Way to go!:happy:

I used to feel embarresed (sp?) about asking for the extension belt. Then I thought "I'm not apologising for who I am. Its not my fault they don't make the belts big enough" So next time I went on the plane, I smiled broadly and asked for the fat belt in a confident voice. It made me feel better, it made the stewardess laugh and I couldn't give a monkeys what anyone else thought :laugh:

Always be proud of who you are no matter what you look like.
  • debswebby
    Options

There is a down side to this though. When I was oozing into the next seat no-one wanted to sit next to me and I had loads of extra room. Now I always get someone sitting next to me :grumble: :laugh:
  • 1prettysmile
    Options
    LOL! @ debswebby. Hiliarious! Hopefully I won't have to ask for the "Fat Belt" next time if I stay on track.

One of my worst experiences on a plane is when I got to my seat first and watched as everyone else boarded... praying that there would be no one sitting next to me. Well, this guy comes down the isle with his buddy. When he saw that he was seated next to me, he turned and whispered to his friend. They both looked at me and laughed. :frown: So, when he got to the seat and gave me a fake smile, I told him, "Don't worry, I don't want to sit next to you either." :angry: Boy was his face red!
  • debswebby
    Options
    LOL! @ debswebby. Hiliarious! Hopefully I won't have to ask for the "Fat Belt" next time if I stay on track.

One of my worst experiences on a plane is when I got to my seat first and watched as everyone else boarded... praying that there would be no one sitting next to me. Well, this guy comes down the isle with his buddy. When he saw that he was seated next to me, he turned and whispered to his friend. They both looked at me and laughed. :frown: So, when he got to the seat and gave me a fake smile, I told him, "Don't worry, I don't want to sit next to you either." :angry: Boy was his face red!

LOL that's fabulous. Well done. I love it when people don't get away with being rude. Go get 'em girl :drinker:
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    yay for you! I hate that feeling, and as I have a 8+ hr flight coming up the first of Deccember, I sure hope I have that kind of nsv as well! Can't wait till I can say that!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!