Heart Monitors with a Chest Strap

Options
I was wondering what heart monitor with a chest strap I should get that doesn't break the bank.. LOL..

Replies

• bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F4 and have been using it for a couple years without any problems.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I have a sportline duo 1010 and it's been fine for me. It's less expensive than the Polar brand.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    There are several threads on this topic....you might want to search. Lots of valuable info to be found.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both use polars and they are brilliant. Coming up to 6 years old for each of us!
  • Mommy2JLS
    Options
    I honestly bought a cheap one at Target for $69 (I forget the name brand, but nothing fancy!)and it works awesome, never had a problem with it.
  • victor73
    victor73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I bought a Pro-form Precision XT off of Woot for $20. And, although the calorie burn counter maybe way off, the chest strap works fine and monitors my heart rate very well. They have specials like that all the time on different sites online and as long as you don't care about the calories burned, the HRMs are usually good.
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the inputs!!!
  • imalikat2
    imalikat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I just purchased a Polar FT7 and absolutely love it! I shopped it around on the internet before making the investment. If you buy it retail, it's about $119, but I got mine for $84 at Heart Rate Monitors USA.

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/ft7-series.html

The red one is a little more expensive than the others, but I'm a red sorta gal! LOL! I also found a coupon online for 5% off and free 2 day shipping. Now that I have it, I wouldn't think of exercising without one. I didn't realize how many calories I burned cleaning house till I wore it this weekend. I looked at the ones without the chest strap and checked out reviews and decided one with the chest strap was the way to go! I was worried about its visibility under my workout clothes, but you don't even know it's there.

As far as I'm concerned it was well worth the investment in helping me achieving my goals!
  • JennC831
    Options
    I just purchased a Polar FT7 and absolutely love it! I shopped it around on the internet before making the investment. If you buy it retail, it's about $119, but I got mine for $84 at Heart Rate Monitors USA.

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/ft7-series.html

The red one is a little more expensive than the others, but I'm a red sorta gal! LOL! I also found a coupon online for 5% off and free 2 day shipping. Now that I have it, I wouldn't think of exercising without one. I didn't realize how many calories I burned cleaning house till I wore it this weekend. I looked at the ones without the chest strap and checked out reviews and decided one with the chest strap was the way to go! I was worried about its visibility under my workout clothes, but you don't even know it's there.

As far as I'm concerned it was well worth the investment in helping me achieving my goals!

Thank you!!! After doing my own research and seeing that all HRMs have good & bad reviews I think I might try this one out... Crossing my fingers that I get a good one and it works well for me...
  • JennC831
    Options
    After days of doing my own research of reading good and bad reviews I’ve decided to go ahead and purchase the Polar FT7 for women!!! I’m hoping I will love it just as much as the others and that it’ll work accurately for me..**Crossing My Fingers**