Fluidity or Tracy Andersons Musculostructure sequences...has

Options
I have done a bit of TA's 30 day method but way too time consuming. Has anyone tried Fluidity before? If so results? Worth the pricetag?

Replies

• tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love the fluidity bar.... but not a big fan of the Fluidity dvds. The workout itself is fine,... but the instructor's voice and how she carries on is a bit annoying.

I'm going to be trying Physique 57 and Xtend Barre... (I'm getting Physique 57 this Friday actually :-) yay!) They both use a barre (or a chair if you don't have the barre) and so I won't be letting it go to waste. I've already sold off my Fluidity dvds. I haven't tried Tracy Anderson.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    I love the fluidity bar.... but not a big fan of the Fluidity dvds. The workout itself is fine,... but the instructor's voice and how she carries on is a bit annoying.

I'm going to be trying Physique 57 and Xtend Barre... (I'm getting Physique 57 this Friday actually :-) yay!) They both use a barre (or a chair if you don't have the barre) and so I won't be letting it go to waste. I've already sold off my Fluidity dvds. I haven't tried Tracy Anderson.

Oka,y so I can do the excercise with a chair vs. a barre then? I might try that. TA is veryyyy time consuming. At least her 30 day method is almost 90 minutes. Just can't do that with kids. She wnats it all done in the same time frame so you can't even split it up during the day. i guess she can't make me...lol...but if I want the results she talks about I'll feel like I didn't do it right if I didn't follow her to the "T".
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    I just did a quick video off of Amazon for the Xtend barre. LOVED it! So I went to ebay and bought a new on with free shipping for $12.57. I sell on ebay so I love buying on there because I could use the money from what I sell. Bonus I guess.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    bump...............
  • tifftaffy
    Options
    That's really cool about getting xtend barre so cheap :-). Yeah I'm a big fan of being both buyer & seller on amazon and eBay. I know that Physique 57 has 4 DVDs that are about 30 mins each. The remaining 2 of the set of 6 are 60 mins long.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    I did see the physique ones but yes they cost more. I like ths xtend barre becaus eamazon haad a short video that I was able to try it out. Think I'll like it.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    *BUMP*
    I was actually looking into physique 57 it looks interesting and thought about buying it on amazon but then came across Tracy anderson metamorphisis. and now I dont know which would be better. Any suggestions?
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    *BUMP*
    I was actually looking into physique 57 it looks interesting and thought about buying it on amazon but then came across Tracy anderson metamorphisis. and now I dont know which would be better. Any suggestions?

I have Tracey Andersons 30 day method. Although I think it would work I just don't have the patience or time w/ 3 kids and babysitting fulltime to do her 90 minute workouts. She is very specific that it cannot be split up during the day. She also says dance is the only way to burn fat and not even running, I disagree. I just don't agree with alot of her strictness to lose fat. That's just my opinion though.
  • tifftaffy
    Options
    *BUMP*

I'm getting Physique 57 delivered today and will check out the dvds tonight (would like to start my own Physique 57 program on Saturday, but it's my anniversary so I'll probably start on Sunday or Monday). I'll do a review of it and maybe post it on forum or just do that blog thing. :-)
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    *BUMP*

I'm getting Physique 57 delivered today and will check out the dvds tonight (would like to start my own Physique 57 program on Saturday, but it's my anniversary so I'll probably start on Sunday or Monday). I'll do a review of it and maybe post it on forum or just do that blog thing. :-)

yes please review and let us know! :) HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Do something you enjoy!
  • stephr2014
    Options
    *BUMP*

yes please review and let us know! :) HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Do something you enjoy!

@ tifftaffy So how did You like the Physique 57?
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    I just did the Xtend Barre a few hours ago and I actually burned (HRM) 355 calories. I liked it, we'll if I feel a good sore tomorrow though or not.
  • tifftaffy
    Options
    I tried the classic 57 min workout - vol 1 and had a total blast! The lead girl is zany & fun, and I really felt like I accomplished something when i was done with it. Highly recommend it!!! :-)

Anniversary was great too :-)
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    I tried the classic 57 min workout - vol 1 and had a total blast! The lead girl is zany & fun, and I really felt like I accomplished something when i was done with it. Highly recommend it!!! :-)

Anniversary was great too :-)

great! Might be geting that oen too! i LOVE having a variety of DVDs at home.
  • happy_travels
    happy_travels Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to pop in and give my 2 cents!

I have done both 30 day bootcamp and p57.

I did do the 30d bc as suggested, muscle structure followed by cardio. I used Petra Kolbers 321 dance dvd ( which is easy to follow and 55 minutes long) for cardio. I did not follow her gnarly diet, although I was going through a mostly vegan stint at the time. I got point blank the BEST results I have EVER gotten doing this program. I have been working out consistently since I was 18yrs and never got any where near the results I got from TAM. I am short and tend toward a stocky appearance and the bootcamp changed all that. People actually called me teeny tiny. I am gearing up to do this program again actually.

p57 is a circuit training style bar workout. If you have been to any bar studio it is basically the same as this video. It is aerobic and strength at the same time so that is a plus when you want to lower your bodyfat. It IS very quad intensive and you will go through a period of time where your muscles will swell before they slim down. You also get a great after burn from this workout.
  • jlfred
    jlfred Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've done the Physique 57 DVDs, and I like them. But I like Barre3 even more -- although, I've only done the Barre3 in the Barre3 studios, I haven't tried their DVD yet, but I know they use a chair for a "barre" as well. But, the DVD plus work out ball is only about $20 - way cheaper than the Physique 57 ones.
  • stephr2014
    Options
    *BUMP*
  • tifftaffy
    Options
    I checked out the Barre3 website- it looks neat, especially for those who can do their classes. Their dvd package is great, apparently it comes with the Fitball? Neato :-) I saw that it was a 40 minute video? If anyone gets this, let me know how it goes :-)

I had a question about Barre3- I noticed they had a cloth belt (or something) attached to their barre. What is that for? In what exercises does it help or make more challenging?
  • jlfred
    jlfred Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I checked out the Barre3 website- it looks neat, especially for those who can do their classes. Their dvd package is great, apparently it comes with the Fitball? Neato :-) I saw that it was a 40 minute video? If anyone gets this, let me know how it goes :-)

I had a question about Barre3- I noticed they had a cloth belt (or something) attached to their barre. What is that for? In what exercises does it help or make more challenging?

The belt is just a yoga strap -- it can aid in doing some of the stretches and so on, like being able to pull yourself up with the strap (easier on your abs, might allow you to get the full leg stretch even if your abs aren't quite there, plus builds strength in your arms)
  • tifftaffy
    Options

The belt is just a yoga strap -- it can aid in doing some of the stretches and so on, like being able to pull yourself up with the strap (easier on your abs, might allow you to get the full leg stretch even if your abs aren't quite there, plus builds strength in your arms)

oooooohhh Thank you! :-) I'll definitely have to try that sometime :-)