How did you break your pop, soda, coke etc...habit?

2»

Replies

• MjDavis1981
    MjDavis1981 Posts: 63 Member
    Lots of Excedrin Migraine. When I quit pop, I had severe migraines. They would get so bad, I'd drink the pop to calm them down. Then someone told me about Excedrin and I must say that I used it at least once a week at the beginning. Now I'm over it, and it's natural for me to reach for a water. When I eat out, I drink diet. It seems to give me a treat every now and then.
  • nekosimba
    nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
    Just stop having it. You soon stop wanting it

That's what I did. I keep water with me all the time. I will treat myself to a soda once a week. I will also drink tea sweetened with a little honey.
  • EvilDave14
    EvilDave14 Posts: 111 Member
    I gave it up for lent one year & managed to last. I had all the withdrawal symptoms etc.

I now do drink it, but I am no longer addicted like I was before.
  • dlphncole
    dlphncole Posts: 19 Member
    I was a mountain dew drinker...4-5 a DAY...easy. Then I switched to diet mountain dew...I drank about the same and of course it helped with weight loss since there were no calories. Now I will have maybe 4-5 diet sodas a week...sunkist, coke or mountain dew. I have not noticed a change in my weightloss, but I do feel better over all. Of course that could be the excercise and/or the weightloss, but can't hurt! I keep water with me all of the time....
  • That's good to know. There's nothing worse than having the wrong kinds of expectations and then being disappointed when dieting.:ohwell:
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    haha me too, man, i have a hard time giving that up, but i know its a chice,,,,,,, health? or that cold bubbelly drink,,,,
    both give me pleasure, as Tony Robbins would say, but he made me realise a thing,,, we are all driven by 2 forces, pain, and pleaseure, and pop, give me instant pleasure, and to quit it for my body and health, is pleasure to, but not instant!!!!! i have to realise how real the long run would give me pleasure, for soooo ong, insted on an immidiate 5 minutes pleasure, followed by guilt inevitably,,,,,,, so, thats what have been helping me recently, and trust me, this is from a person, who need at least 1 can of pop a day,,,,, they say an apple a day, not a can of pop,,,,lol
    so think of the long run,,not the immediate pleasure,,,,and it will be easier to go for that drink of water,,is for me, slowly getting easier, and if i have 1 can of pop a week, well though luck, im happy with it, as a treat, not a daily intake,,,, best luck, i know its hard when youre loving it!!! you just need to learn and see whats more pleasurable? 5 minutes of taste with a night of regrets, or water, for a long long well diserve happiness!!! life is full of choices,,, never easy,, easy its for when we will be dead, focus on the pleasures, long and short, and compare the joy at the end,,,, :O)

Tony Robbins is awesome.
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Just say NO. I havent drank a soda in over 5 years. Dont miss it at all.