Struggling

Options
I am so deflated at the moment, i just want to say stuff the diet and order a huge pizza!

Im really miserable today because i feel like all im doing is eating low calorie foods that arent really satisfying me and all my works pals are eating whatever they like.

In the next two weeks i have a wedding reception, engagement party and a romantic trip to london and i so want to lose some weight to feel nicer in my dresses.
Im so angry that i have put on so much weight in the past 2 months and if i had continued with my diet i would not be in this place right now. It just seems that as soon as i stop being so strict with the healthy eating i pile on the pounds.

I just needed a rant today i guess, as everyone keeps saying how miserable i am today :(

Replies

• Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Put on some music that you like! Music hath charms...
  • kingl123
    kingl123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Things will get better. Treat yourself to something you like in moderation. Don't deprive yourself. Develop a plan of action and strive towards your goal. If you have a slip up every now and then you're only human. You can do it!
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Allow yourself to eat something you like, regardless of calories. The trick is to not deprive yourself, but be reasonable. I have a weakness for ice cream. So I bought Skinny Cow ice cream bars and allow myself to have one as dessert after dinner IF I have saved enough calories to do it. If you eat a low-cal salad for lunch, you could possibly afford to eat a couple of slices of pizza for dinner (maybe supplement the pizza with something healthy, like more salad, so you don't get tempted to eat 5 or 6 slices). If you keep depriving yourself, you're going to get frustrated. It doesn't hurt you to eat something not so healthy ONCE IN A WHILE, especially if you budget for the calories. Go get a good workout, too, so you can eat more.

I have days like this, too, so I have to just once in a while allow myself a "no counting calories" day. I try to be sensible but still eat something I like without worrying about it.

Keep your chin up...it will all be worth it in the end! :wink:
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    staying motivated is often more of a mental issue than a physical issue. Folks underestimate the power of the mind and the mental part of the journey. Sadly, for some of us (me included), as soon as we put too much of that sugary/fatty crap in our bodies, we gain weight (a few weeks ago, I had my kids' birthday party in the middle of a few other events, ate very poorly for 5 days and gained 3.8 pounds that week...it was a reminder of how quickly I could still gain weight despite all of the work I have done to get healthier since January).

anyway, to help with will power, read my blog below and do that exercise for yourself. That exercise has helped me and, according to some feedback both in comments left on the blog and via messages, I understand that other folks have benefitted from doing that exercise.

good luck to you as you prepare for your trip....and continue with your healthy lifestyle journey.