Healthy Breakfast ideas

Options
Hey everyone!!

I'm new to this site, and was wondering if you have any good breakfast ideas that fill you up?? thanks!

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I had a natural oatmeal, with fresh blue berries and some granola... I have steel cut oats at home, but havent made them yet.
  • quenstella
    quenstella Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal works for me
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    wholegrain toast + spread avocado + half a sliced tomato

wholegrain toast + spread peanut butter + half a sliced banana

wholegrain toast + baby english spinach + poached egg + shaved parmesan OR shaved ham

greek yoghurt + fresh fruit + sprinkle muesli (granola)

On the run? a boiled egg (keep some in fridge) and an apple

:flowerforyou:
  • Riotactor10
    Options
    Two of my "go-to" breakfasts:

Bowl of oatmeal with a tablespoon of creamy peanut butter swirled into it

Light english muffin with with a poached egg and either turkey sausage or canadian bacon
  • Jalachri
    Options
    I have 1 english muffin toasted with I cant believe its not butter spray with a dash of mustard on it then I put a scrambled or over easy egg on it with a slice of low cal cheese. Fills me up and is 270 calories. It might seem like alot for brkfst but it fills me up and is so good!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I just finished nutrigrain eggo waffles with peanut butter, chopped apple, and chopped banana. 510 calories, but every ingredient is healthy, right?
  • sarah829522
    Options
    Egg whites with salsa or the left-over veggies from last night's dinner are very filling.

I also love a light english muffin or bagel thin split in half add 1 slice of tomato to each half then half a slice of cheese to each. Sprinkle with italian seasoning. Broil ~5min until bubbly.
  • 2012anewme
    Options
    bump
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Any whole non processed food.
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!!

I have 3 staple breakfasts that I alternate:

#1 ~ Steel cut oats w/1 Tbsp. almond butter, raisins, cinnamon & a packette of Truvia

#2 ~ 1 scrambled egg w/2 slices 12-grain bread & 1 Tbsp. reduced fat peanut butter (or 3 slices of canadian bacon)

#3 ~ Greek yogurt w/fruit (whatever I have on hand, banana, raspberries, blueberries, etc.) & bran buds (or granola)

All equally as yummy and all 3 fill me up so most days I'm not hungry for an a.m. snack!
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Mine consists of a 4 egg omelet with onions, peppers and mushrooms with salsa and a piece of buttered toast. I eat that pretty much every day. That may sound like a lot, but it is only 520 calories and it fits into my daily caloric intake very nicely.
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    special k vanilla almond w milk
    egg white omelette with fat free cheese and veggies
    fat free yogurt with granola bar
    english muffin with fat free cheese and egg whites
    turkey sausage patties or turkey bacon
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Options
    2 boiled eggs on granary toast. Keeps me going till lunchtime.
  • kscarlett24
    kscarlett24 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt + 1/2 C Kashi Cereal + berries

Oatmeal + 1/2 banana or other fruit

Bowl of Kashi or Special K cereal + Skim Milk + fruit
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    3 Tbsp. Crystal Farms Liquid Egg Whites: 25 calories
    1 Ole' Flour Soft Taco Shell: 81 calories
    1/3 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese: 110 calories
    1 Tbsp. chopped peppers: 8 calories
    2 Tbsp. Pace Chunky Mild Salsa: 10 calories
    2/3 Cup Morning Star Soy Crumbles: 80 calories

That's my recipe for a breakfast burrito and it's actually quite filling. Should you make it, I hope you enjoy it.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    My favorite is 3 scrambled egg whites, whole grain toast and either some strawberries or grapes.

If I am in a run out the door morning mode then La Yogurt Light Probiotics and strawberries/grapes (always have some prepacked for those on the go moments)!
  • SuperWoman910
    SuperWoman910 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree with the oatmeal thing if you have time.
    Also, Arnold Flat Multigrain Bread with scrambled egg whites and a small apple.

Quick
    Shake/smoothie
    frozen blueberries, 1/2 banana, vanilla almond milk and a whey protein powder. You can make a batch use 12 oz at a time and keep in fridge just shake before drinking.

Also a light BoniBel Cheese 3 light WASA multigrain crackers and an apple.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Old fashioned oatmeal with fresh or frozen blueberries (whole rolled oats, not the packaged stuff) with one whole egg and two additional egg whites; either scrambled with salsa or hard boiled. Keeps me full until lunch.
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bump