Apple Cider Vinegar has ALOT of health benefits not just for

Options
Lula16
Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
weight control.

I drink ACV with raw honey and water at least twice a day, once in the morning and in the evening before dinner. Organic ACV has plenty of health benifits. I started drinking it when i used to get alot of headaches, it works wonders. It also gives you energy. some of the other health benifits are: relieves chronic fatigue, control weight, control cholesteral, improves digeststion, fights arthiritis, constipitation, heart burn, acne, relieves muscle cramps (ladies it really does work on cramps!)

As for the raw honey, it has some of its own benefits: it helps fight bacteria, blocks infection, combats inflamation, reduces pain, improves circulation, makes healing faster

You have to buy the organic apple cider vinegar not sold in regular stores. You can find it in health stores. Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar is the best. I drink mine with a straw to prevent teeth damage. But you have to sip it, do not drink it fast.

8 oz water
2 tbsp ACV
1 tbsp raw honey

If you want to read more of the benefits, buy the book "Apple Cider Vinegar-Miracle Health System" by Paul Bragg

Replies

• Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I've heard it has a lot of health benefits, but it's just too nasty no matter what I mix it with. I'll stick with vitamins.
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I love having my Local Raw Honey myself, might look into the vinegar too though. Thanks!
  • msqdpie
    msqdpie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Post! Sounds good to me!
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting...may try it....Thanks!!
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    Isn't it absolutely horrible though? I wanted to try it, but I've heard you can barely choke it down without gagging...
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    There are no benefits to drinking organic apple cider vinegar. it is a complete and total hoax. The ultimate placebo. What magical properties does vinegar have the hard cider or just a plain old apple doesn't? Why not red wine vinegar? After all, red wine is supposedly so good for you. The MIGHT be a probiotic benefit common with any fermented food - sauerkraut, kim chee, yogurt, etc.. There is some overlap between the apple cider legend and the acid/alkaline folks. Your stomach is full of powerful acid - nothing you eat is going to change that short of a bottle of drano.

Natural apple cider vinegar is wonderful in salad dressing though.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I just don't get these kinds of claims. If you've found something that works for you great - even if it's just because of the placebo effect - but there is nothing magical in apple cider vinegar. There is no basis in science for any of the things people claim about it.

Take apple juice and add a culture of yeast (usually mixes of wild strains), lactobacillus and acetobacter and let it ferment. Yeast turns the sugar into ethanol. Lactobacillus turns the sugar into lactic acid, and acetobacter turns the ethanol into acetic acid. Include the remaining solids from the apple juice and the water, and that's all that's in apple cider vinegar. No vitamins that weren't in the original apple juice unless you eat some of the yeast/bacteria biomass and get a few B-complex.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Apples are rich in potassium and enzymes. Potassium is the artery softener, keeping the arteries of the body flexible and resilient. It is a fighter of bacteria and viruses. hence the saying "an apple a day keeps the doctor away"! as for the vinegar, a 5% solution of vinegar kills 99% of bacteria, 82% common mold and 80% of germs and viruses. ACV has been used for along time not only for health reasons but as a cleansing agent to remove bacteria, germs, odors, stains and spots.

Like i stated before through my personal experience...it works.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    ... as for the vinegar, a 5% solution of vinegar kills 99% of bacteria, 82% common mold and 80% of germs and viruses. ACV has been used for along time not only for health reasons but as a cleansing agent to remove bacteria, germs, odors, stains and spots.
    You organic, unpasteurized, unfiltered vinegar is teeming with live bacteria and yeasts. That solid stuff that you have to shake back into solution is mostly micro-organism biomass. I don't have anything particularly against those micro organisms - far from it, I actually encourage their growth every chance I get. Just don't kid yourself that you're drinking the stuff to kill bacteria/germs in your stomach.

Also any enzyme (which are proteins) in the original apple will be denatured by the acid in the vinegar.
  • Hillary1234
    Options
    Ive been drinking ACV for years now and I will say it works from my own experience.....there are always going to be people on different sides of the fence with anything so if it works for you go ahead and do it. I do not get sick, I have more energy than I had before I started taking this, there are other ways that I have noticed changed too. I had really bad constipation for years and actually went to the hospital a few times over it, well needless to say my gastroenterologist gave me lactolose solution and he said that I would have to be on it for the rest of my life (long story short) and I hated the stuff and than my holistic practitioner told me about ACV and let me tell ya I go normally now and just for that reason alone I will not take stop taking this stuff no matter how many naysayers (lol) say different. This stuff reallly changed my life. oh! and before anybody says something about exercise and diet......my exercise and diet was on point and I still had these problems. ACV is the way to go in my book.:tongue::smokin:
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Sauerkraut does everything apple cider vinegar possibly can AND it's great on hot dogs. Beat that!