Want to eat something fatty to make myself feel better.

Options
:sad: So I really just want to go eat something gross and greasy for lunch today instead of hitting the gym. Why you ask? Of ya cause my boss doesnt know how to treat people. She is 70 years old and does not understand you cannot treat people the way you could 40 years ago!:explode: She blames me when business is bad, (and I am an insurance agent mind you, so I cannot help that) and when I am busy, like I have been for the last week, she gets mad when I dont get things finished! I hate it here!
:sad:
Dont let me eat bad!

and Thanks for letting me vent!

Replies

• astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    :sad: So I really just want to go eat something gross and greasy for lunch today instead of hitting the gym. Why you ask? Of ya cause my boss doesnt know how to treat people. She is 70 years old and does not understand you cannot treat people the way you could 40 years ago!:explode: She blames me when business is bad, (and I am an insurance agent mind you, so I cannot help that) and when I am busy, like I have been for the last week, she gets mad when I dont get things finished! I hate it here!
    :sad:
    Dont let me eat bad!

and Thanks for letting me vent!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Can you go outside for some fresh air???
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Sadly, something fatty won't make you feel any better! :flowerforyou:

Don't let the ol' biddy get to you!! Stay strong!!! :drinker:
  • astarte09
    Options
    I did at 11. I have a half hour left before I go to lunch! She doesnt like if I take breaks. Her exact words were "I dont pay for you to take breaks."
  • astarte09
    Options
    I am starting to feel a little better. Thank you guys for talking to me!! I am going to take my frustrations toward her out on the treadmill...:laugh: It is really time for me to find a new job. 3 years of this is enough, and its only getting worse!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    you have a right to take breaks

fatty food won't make her any better. You know that you will feel better if you eat well and she will always be a biddy
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    HEY GIRL, HOPE YOU HAVE A BETTER DAY! I JUST JOINED THIS FORUM MYSELF AND IM AN INSURANCE AGENT HERE IN LOUISIANA ITS SOOOOO STRESSFUL AND YEAH I WANNA EAT ALL DAY LONG, THANK GOD FOR THIS SITE! I CAN AT LEAST KEEP TRACK OF MY INTAKE.....I GET NERVOUS , MAD OR BORED AND WANT TO PIG OUT! LOL

PS THIS IS TO ASTART09, SORRY STILL LEARNING THIS SITE!
  • astarte09
    Options
    I told her the same things..I have a right to take breaks, but I added in "by law." She assumed because I have an unpaid hour lunch, that I still have to sit for 8. So now that I told her it is the law, she gives me 5 minutes at 11am, and 5 a 4pm, as long as she is in the office, and we are not busy. Oh, and I cant go anywhere but right outside the office, incase someone comes in.
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    AMEN TO WHAT HAVING IT ALL SAID....ONCE A BIDDY ALWAYS A BIDDY, APPARANTLEY SHE HASNT SEEN A HUNGRY WOMAN STRESSING OUT!
  • astarte09
    Options
    I think I am going to boycott New business...then I will get all of her busy work done.. :laugh:
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    HEY ! MY GOAL IS MARCH 20TH MY BIRTHDAY ALSO! WILL BE 46!UGH
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    WHAT COMPANY DO YOU WORK FOR......IM SO SICK OF QUOTING I TOLD MY COWORKER I JUST LOOK TOWARDS THE PHONE AND A DARN QUOTE IS CALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Don't quote me on this....but I thought the law on breaks was 15 minutes several times during a shift.
  • astarte09
    Options
    I did too...but I couldnt actually find the law... my law teacher told me this is a right to work state, and the economy is bad, so dont push it..ha. but I have been dealing with this for 3 years!! at least I get 5 minutes of fresh air 2 times a day!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Don't quote me on this....but I thought the law on breaks was 15 minutes several times during a shift.

I think you're right. Last place I worked they told us by law they had to give us at least a 1 hr unpaid lunch AND 2 15min paid breaks for an 8 hour shift. I am in Canada though, maybe it's different.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I'm in insurance too, albiet I am in dental insurance and don't see, but rather recruit the dental offices to be part of the plans our sales folks sell and represent to the brokers. It's been a rough last six months on both aspects of the business and morale is pretty low, especially starting goals for the new year. So I can certainly comiserate, unfortunately, while the first greasy bite would be great but once you get back, she'd still be the same and you'd feel worse, about your daily goals anyway. Keep your head up and forget about her!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • astarte09
    Options
    The actual labor law website says

Rest periods are based on the total hours worked daily at the rate of 10 minutes for each 3 1/2 hours worked

ya right...employers here do NOT listen..