Adventuring Racing - Running/Obstacle Course

Options
I would LOVE to take part in an adventure race this spring/summer, one that includes an obstacle course.

I've trained for a 5K, but not for something like this.

Does anyone know where I can find a training program? The course I'm looking at is a 5K, it just has 10 obstacles added to it.

Shannon

Replies

• jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Options
    www.toughmudder.com

**EDIT**

Have fun... I'm gearing my training towards that. It looks INSANE.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    If you can do a 5k, you can do this. I did one a few weekends ago that was a 4 mile, 27 obstacle race. The only thing I would have trained for additionally is some strength training for my arms on some of the hanging obstacles.
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    Just did Warrior Dash this past weekend & it was a blast! Might be a good starter? Go to warriordash.com to see schedule so far for 2012 ...
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    http://warriordash.com/
    Check it out! Lots of fun and a good starting place.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Upper body, ropes and climbing... If you can't get over the wall, it doesn't matter how fast you can run.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Spartan Race, also Run for your Life.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    These all look great, but do any of the websites have suggestions for training? That's mainly what I need to know. Obviously, a 5K running schedule is helpful, but what sort of weight lifting/cross training should I do?

Shannon
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Warrior Dash has a training program on their web site.

I'm aiming for a Warrior Dash in January and Run For Your Lives in March. Can't wait to dodge zombies!
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP!!! IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY! If I were fit enough to do that I would it looks like a ton of fun!
    www.toughmudder.com

**EDIT**

Have fun... I'm gearing my training towards that. It looks INSANE.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    I'll be sure to check that training resource out.

Since I live in PA, I thought I would do this one:

http://www.millsadventurerunning.com/index.html

I've heard of the Tough Mudder, but I'm definately not fit enough to do it. Someday, I hope!

Shannon
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    The tough mudder training looks pretty rough. I think if you could do that, you can do anything!*LOL*

The Warrior Dash, Virgin workout looks best for me. Since I trained for my 5K, I've been lazy about weightlifting. I need to get back into it, while still being able to function.*LOL*

I'm so revved about doing one of these races. I can't wait! I hope they add a PA Warrior Dash.

Shannon