almost 20 pounds! :D

Options
When summer started I weighted 166 pounds and now I weigh around 147! I cannot remember the last time I weighted lower then 150! The sad thing is i'm only 17. Anyways I went to the doctors for a physical a few weeks ago and she told me that i'm at a good weight and that if i can maintain the weight I am now it'll be perfect but I want to be 130 and I know i can do it! I don't drink soda anymore and I cut out eating snacks before meals unless its a fruit. The thing is I don't really have time to exercise throughout the day because school and then I babysit.

Replies

• Well done for getting in healthy range, and good luck reaching your happy goal. Keep up the good work and it will happen. I have to exercise as I am twice you age and lead a sedentry job, but I bet you are far more active. Mke the most of your higher youthful metabolism too. x
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    Exercising doesn't have to be at a gym. Take the kids that you are babysitting out for a walk, play a sport with them, run around and chase them - that's all exercise!
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Exercising doesn't have to be at a gym. Take the kids that you are babysitting out for a walk, play a sport with them, run around and chase them - that's all exercise!

This!

How tall are you?
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    You should be eating snacks. it is better to eat 5-6 small meals a day instead of three large meals - it helps your metabolism work. :)
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You can get to 130! I lost weight without a gym, too. =)
    You can find some kid friendly workout dvd's at target or walmart.
    Also, it can be fun to make relay races outside or jumprope with them or something. Be creative.
    Good work so far, keep it up!!!
  • londanfudd4eva
    Options
    thats great keep up the good work:wink:
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Luckily, babysitting can be pretty active in itself! It's better than sitting still anyway :) Also, if you have a smartphone, check out some workout apps. I found a free high-intensity 10 minute workout, which I like to do when I don't have much time. 10 minutes doesn't sound like much but it's a lot harder than it sounds and at least it's something. If you don't have a smartphone, you can probably find similar videos on youtube.
  • kmoyla0603
    Options
    I'm 5'2!

& thanks everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!