How to prevent saggy breasts when losing weight?

Options

Replies

• LoveLiftedMe
    Options
    I was worried about the same thing. I talked to a couple of my doctors, and they all said that severe sagging can't be reversed,but some insurance companies will cover the cost of plastic surgery (excess sagging can exacerbate skin infections).
  • smilesalot1969
    Options

^^^^^
    this!!!! I've dropped from a 38F to a 32C in the last 10 years and always wear a decent bra even to bed. It all paid off because although a lot smaller and yes could be fuller theyre not the slightest bit saggy and sit exactly where they should. Not bad for 43 i guess

smilesalot196 - What kind of bra to you wear to bed? I think an underwire would be uncomfortable, but maybe a lightweight sports bra. What works for you?

Actually i do wear an underwire and i sleep on my stomach yet ive never found it uncomfortable at all. When i lost this last 50lb i also wore one of those fabric Belvia/Ahh bra things in a size too small over the top of my bra (only when i wasnt going anywhere ) and the slight compression helps
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I would also be interested in knowing. I'm scared to do too many chest exercises due to not wanting to losse too much of my chest.

You cant spot reduce. If the fat wants to go from your boobs when you exercise then that's what'll happen.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    Im so concerned about my saggy breasts that I went to see a plastic surgeon for implants and a lift and he actually told me not to do chest exercises, that those are for men. He asked me; "Do you want breasts or pecks?" Im like, uuuummm breasts please. I never went through with the surgery and just bought a great push bra. At least my boyfriend says he loves them....
    Lol, exercising the chest won't really increase the pec size substantially in a female. And muscle tone is still important and makes a difference if implants are getting done. Sigh.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • free8gent
    free8gent Posts: 61 Member
    Options

^^^^^
    this!!!! I've dropped from a 38F to a 32C in the last 10 years and always wear a decent bra even to bed. It all paid off because although a lot smaller and yes could be fuller theyre not the slightest bit saggy and sit exactly where they should. Not bad for 43 i guess

smilesalot196 - What kind of bra to you wear to bed? I think an underwire would be uncomfortable, but maybe a lightweight sports bra. What works for you?

Actually i do wear an underwire and i sleep on my stomach yet ive never found it uncomfortable at all. When i lost this last 50lb i also wore one of those fabric Belvia/Ahh bra things in a size too small over the top of my bra (only when i wasnt going anywhere ) and the slight compression helps

Thanks for the tip! I am trying it tonight :wink: It's only temporary, right? If it works, it's definitely worth it.
  • smilesalot1969
    Options

^^^^^

Thanks for the tip! I am trying it tonight :wink: It's only temporary, right? If it works, it's definitely worth it.
    Ive always worn a bra to bed lol i know i shouldnt but i do. But the Belvia/Ahh bra helped because it compresses slightly too. You can buy cheaper versions on Ebay in packs of 3 for about £8 but make sure you buy a size smaller. If the whole weight of your breasts is supported by a bra then there is no pull on the skin and ligaments to sag them. Tightening up your bra straps to hoist those girls up helps too
  • free8gent
    free8gent Posts: 61 Member
    Options

^^^^^

Ive always worn a bra to bed lol i know i shouldnt but i do. But the Belvia/Ahh bra helped because it compresses slightly too. You can buy cheaper versions on Ebay in packs of 3 for about £8 but make sure you buy a size smaller. If the whole weight of your breasts is supported by a bra then there is no pull on the skin and ligaments to sag them. Tightening up your bra straps to hoist those girls up helps too

You say maybe you shouldn't be wearing a bra to bed, but it sounds like maybe we all should after all! Thanks a lot for the suggestions. It sounds like I am looking for a compression bra of some kind. I will look around for those when I'm back in Canada next month.
  • donnareadman7
    donnareadman7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    "I must, I must, I must improve my bust"

Aaahahahaa I did this in junior school!!
  • ElizabethRaeBarnes
    ElizabethRaeBarnes Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wear a bra?

Always wear a well fitted sports bra to bed. It will help with firmness.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    This idea that breasts are supposed to defy gravity comes from Hollywood and the beauty industry. It's past time to stop buying into this fantasy, if not for our own sake, for the sake of our daughters.

Live as healthy as possible and appreciate your body; it's the only one that you are gonna get.

PS: all this advice to wear extremely restrictive bras, especially to bed, do not take into account HEALTH. I would recommend that you do some research into how bras can affect health (re: lymph, muscles, etc) and how wearing a bra does NOT prevent sagging and may actually have the opposite affect. I wear a bra, but not to bed and I stopped wearing underwire. Knowing what I know now, I would have chosen to NOT wear a bra all the time when I was young.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    This idea that breasts are supposed to defy gravity comes from Hollywood and the beauty industry. It's past time to stop buying into this fantasy, if not for our own sake, for the sake of our daughters.

Live as healthy as possible and appreciate your body; it's the only one that you are gonna get.

PS: all this advice to wear extremely restrictive bras, especially to bed, do not take into account HEALTH. I would recommend that you do some research into how bras can affect health (re: lymph, muscles, etc) and how wearing a bra does NOT prevent sagging and may actually have the opposite affect. I wear a bra, but not to bed and I stopped wearing underwire. Knowing what I know now, I would have chosen to NOT wear a bra all the time when I was young.

I have heard that wearing a bra all the time is unhealthy. I know my husband loves my boobs even though they do have some sagging because they are big. He thinks they are perfect and that is all that matters. Sometimes I do think it would be nice to have a breast lift, but no one sees my boobs except me and my husband so it really does not matter. If I was modeling nude then it would matter but I am not and probably never will so it is unneccessary that they be perfect.
  • Amie_Girl
    Amie_Girl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Chest exercises and toning.

I just read an article that said that scientists are realizing that bra's actually make your boobs saggier because by holding them up for you all the time, the muscles there have atrophied and after 10, 20, 30 + years, they can never be the same. I don't know if that's true but it's what I read. Makes some common sense.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I would also be interested in knowing. I'm scared to do too many chest exercises due to not wanting to losse too much of my chest.

Since you cannot spot reduce, this doesn't really matter. In fact, if you strengthen the muscles of your shoulders and chest, your breasts will look better than if your underlying chest is squishy or bony.

Doing chest exercises doesn't make your breasts vanish, but firms up the pecs so that at least there's something there. Eating at a deficit causes fat to be lost all over, but in general its "last on first off," and women's bodies hang onto their favorite spots the longest.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I must I must develop my bust,
    I will I will increase them still,
    Hoorah hoorah I need a new bra.
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    "I must, I must, I must improve my bust"

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    wear a sports bra when you exercise so they dont bounce so much, and getting muscle in your chest can lift your breasts a bit.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    There is nothing that you can do. You are doomed.

DOOOOOMMMEEEDDD!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Im so concerned about my saggy breasts that I went to see a plastic surgeon for implants and a lift and he actually told me not to do chest exercises, that those are for men. He asked me; "Do you want breasts or pecks?" Im like, uuuummm breasts please. I never went through with the surgery and just bought a great push bra. At least my boyfriend says he loves them....

4/10 would not go back to surgeon.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    There is nothing that you can do. You are doomed.

DOOOOOMMMEEEDDD!
    Just because yours lost their perkiness doesn't mean so will OP's. Stop being mean, we're all here for the same thing.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This thread is from 2011. I sincerely hope the OP isn't still sitting in front of her computer, furiously refreshing this page to check for new replies.