Slikm fast for protein?

Options
So my grandma bought me slim fast a few weeks back because she knows I wanna lose weight but I dont' wanna go on the Slim Fast diet or anything. I just wnna drink them for the extra protein. Is it a good idea? Otherwise, I have a slight problem getting my protein.

Replies

• FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Bad idea IMO, too much sugar to use on a regular basis.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Buy lots of toilet paper.

No...personally i dont thin k they are good at all.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Slim fast doesn't really have that much protein vs. making your own protein shake using a whey protein powder. Slim fast is also full of sugar, another reason to make your own with a good quality protein powder.
  • JIsh09
    JIsh09 Posts: 158
    Options
    I usually drink the Special K protein shakes,they also have the protein water as well.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    How much did she buy? Seems expensive to just throw away :(

I would drink them, but then not buy anymore :]
  • Twitchy109
    Options
    Suggestion for a good protein powder that isn't too expensive?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    You can find better quality protein shakes at Vitamin Shoppe or GNC. Also, on bodybuilding.com you can compare protiens. Choose a low carb protein. I like a high protein shake called Pro 5 by Nutrishop, also there is Jay Robb protein. Slim Fast is packed with sugar.
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    so much sugar, stick with EAS advantEDGE carbcontrol those are tasty only 110ish cals and 17g of protein, thats more than slimfast
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    If you want something for "On the Go" moments....try the EAS AdvatEDGE shakes. They are low in cals, carbs, and the proteins are not at a low balance. If you are looking for MRP, make your own with a Whey Isolate.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    have you read the label?
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Suggestion for a good protein powder that isn't too expensive?

i would try walmart brand honestly. Or if you have a hyvee near you they have some super cheap protein :]

I would look here too: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/catalog/category.jsp?q_facetTrail=REF_ANC_CATS:INGREDIENT_WHEY_PROTEIN&sort=priceUp&page=1&categoryId=INGREDIENT_WHEY_PROTEIN
  • Clever_Girl
    Options
    I'm sorry but in my brain I read this title as "slick em fast for protein"

This makes me laugh.
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I tried Slim Fast and it didn't work for me. I now use Jillian Michaels whey protein powder mixed with non-fat milk (1 cup with 1 scoop protein powder). Put in a couple pieces of ice and shake till well mixed. Really good and it keeps me full until my mid afternoon snack. I use this for my lunch.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    The slim fast low carb ones are a better option- they don't taste too bad and are not full of sugar.