Drinking............

Options
Hi

OK i cant believe I am going to ask a REAL question.

I've been on mfp for ages and on the whole eating well and getting the fitness up........

I do have one weakness....... DRINK !

Wine, beer, etc etc.......

I would think nothing of having a bottle of wine of a night,. I always record it so its in my Cal count for the day, and yes i know its empty Cals etc.

My question is do people drink and still drop the weight? has anyone cut the Drink out all together?

Replies

• angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I drink - vodka and wine are my vices. I have lost 54 lbs since April 29th.......
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Vodka and wine are also my poison of choice. Lost 17lbs. :) Just drink in moderation....don't down anymore bottles. :)
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I would lose a lot faster without drinking but have not given it up yet : )
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    That's my little luxury as well. I've not witnessed it being any hindrance to my loss so far. :drinker:

Mind you, I try to stick to wine, gin, vodka, gin, tequila, gin ... mixed with low/no cal stuff.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    <
    Wino and Tequila girl

Drank through the entire loss of my 56 pounds....
  • jewls1969
    Options
    A couple of years ago, I went on a strict 1200 calorie diet and saved most of my calories for "adult beverages". I still lost weight but I felt like crap most of the time. (I gained all the weight back a year after)

This time around, I have pretty much cut out the alcoholic beverages but I do treat myself to a couple of glasses of red wine before bed here and there. The bad thing about drinking, it makes your body toxic which can cause water retention which = weight gain. I'm with you though, I REALLY enjoy my frosty beverages but I'm so determined to get this weight off this time, plus I can tell a huge difference in the way I feel. Good luck to you!!
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You've got to give it up. There's absolutely NO way you can reach your goals if you drink. It's never been done!

Bwahahahaha:devil: :drinker:
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I cut out drinking all together until I hit my goal...now I don't drink very often but only let myself have a drink or two if I'm out with friends or with a special meal at home. I think it really made a difference in getting on track. For me drinking was followed by poor late night food choices as well!
  • stephiejones
    Options
    I drink budlight or Tequila 3 or 4 times a week and have lost 27lbs since June...I feel as long as i account for it its all good...:drinker:
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I went from drinking a glass or two of wine nearly every night, to now only have it maybe every other weekend or so. I can't fit in my daily allowance of calories without starving myself to death, and on top of that, it's just like you said, empty calories, so I would rather just forego it altogether except on occasion. I'm sure if you're fitting it into your daily allowance you will still probably drop the weight but you will be losing out on other important nutrition you could be getting, and I wouldn't say it's healthy.
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    Red table wine - probably a "tall" glass at least 3-4 nights a week. I've lost 21 lbs since the first of August so I'm okay with that :)
  • txmike64
    txmike64 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi

I've been on mfp for ages and on the whole eating well and getting the fitness up........

I would think nothing of having a bottle of wine of a night,. I always record it so its in my Cal count for the day, and yes i know its empty Cals etc.

My question is do people drink and still drop the weight? has anyone cut the Drink out all together?

At what can be up to 100 calories an OUNCE....it's something I just can't afford to do, except in extreme moderation. Baileys....even more per ounce, can no longer do an 8 ounce drink like that. I opened a bottle of sparkling wine, fake champagne, it it was a very high figure as well. Beer, a little better, but no nutritional value. Truly empty calories.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Oh hellz no am I ever giving up my wine!!! I "try very hard" to restrict it to weekends now. :drinker:
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    wine is lower in cals than mixed drinks or beer. I think I might have polished off one bottle since I started here but mostly try to settle for a glass or two occasionally. I do log it & I just cut back cals somewhere else or work out more the next day.

I believe most healthy red-blooded Americans (if not everyone) has some 'cheat' foods - NOBODY stays on the straight & narrow every day
  • carolinedb
    carolinedb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Vodka, wine, and the occasional beer are my vices. I still enoy them, just in moderation.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Hi

Plenty of people do, the hardest thing to juggle with drinking is athletic events. If you're not trying to run a marathon tomorrow and it's in your calories...go for it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I drink wine just about every night before and with dinner. Usually only 2 - 3 glasses, but occasionally more, especially on the weekends. I'm just a few lbs from goal. But I don't splurge too much on other things like sweets or sugary drinks, and I exercise regularly. I eat a healthy diet and drink. My weight is good and heading toward great, and I have a clean bill of health from my doctor.

I didn't give up my wine while losing weight because I have no intention of giving it up forever. I like it.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    you can still cut even if you drink on occasion.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I run a happy hour group in raleigh, nc. we're always out trying new restaurants and drinks! while I don't have much weight to lose (been pretty much the same size since h.s.) it doesn't bother me at all. just count it in your diary like you do anything else and you'll be fine.
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    vodka or gin with diet tonic, I have two cocktails everynight after work/exercise/chores are done...I have lost 6 pounds in 4 weeks, I'm in this for life and cocktail hour is part of my life :drinker: