Gym Chicks...

Options
FitForeverAgain
FitForeverAgain Posts: 330 Member
What are your thoughts on protocol in approaching a woman at the gym - for a potential out of gym meet-up. i.e. someone who you've lightly chatted with before - so not 100% out of the blue. Thoughts ladies?

Replies

• cocodragonz420
    Options
    Go for it... just not while she's running on a treadmill... we don't like to be talked to when we can't breathe :)
  • Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I had someone approach me at the gym once, and it was a little weird. I was extremely flattered, but since I'd never even seen (much less spoken to) this guy before, I didn't meet up with him outside the gym when he asked. With a bit of conversation leading up to it, I don't see anything wrong with that!

Oh yeah, I also have a boyfriend too. Forgot about that part :P
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Don't be that creepy guy that gets on the machine next to a chick... the one that we can feel their eyes burning a hole through our body...
    Not stalking and creeping and you're fine LOL
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Well. If you guys have chatted before and the interest seems to be there - then I say GO FOR IT! LOL.

But, either do it before she works out or after -- not during. lol. We don't like to be bothered when we're working out.

Good Luck. :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    "Hi, my name is George, how are you? I know this is weird but would you like to go out some time?"

No weird pick up lines. Just a direct and friendly. I think it's perfectly acceptable.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    What are your thoughts on protocol in approaching a woman at the gym - for a potential out of gym meet-up. i.e. someone who you've lightly chatted with before - so not 100% out of the blue. Thoughts ladies?

If you regularly chat that's easier, just say "hey, have you tried xyz? Would you like to give it a try." or how about "What are you doint Friday night? You wanna go out?"
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Go for it... just not while she's running on a treadmill... we don't like to be talked to when we can't breathe :)

Hahaha...ya, I second that!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If someone's receptive to small talk, why not?
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Just whatever you do, DON'T mess up her routine. You won't stand a chance in hell if you do! :tongue:
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Always feel SO attractive when I sound like a wounded rhino... breathing super heavy and sweating...
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Or, "look deep into my abs . . . you're getting sleepy . . . you will go out on a date with me Friday night . . . "
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Personally I hate it, but nobody has ever approached me in a non creepy way.

Man watching me do assisted pull ups. I finish, get down. He says

"I just have to tell you that you are just beautiful to watch"

:O
  • lcchrt
    lcchrt Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I hate being approached while im working out. The gym is for getting sweaty not for getting sweet lol. But I guess at the end of my workout or while im stretching I wouldnt mind it.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I would prefer to be approached as I am leaving....for the most part I'm there to get it in and then go home :flowerforyou:
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    when i'm at the gym i'm wearing my rattiest shorts, no makeup, an oversized oscar the grouch t shirt or something similar, and NOTHiNG matches, not to mention i am slick with sweat and reek of eau de stank.

if someone were to approach me in the gym i would likely punch them in the face.
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Just ask if she wants to go have a coffee or something :)
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    yeah.. do it up...
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    20 years ago it was easy.
    Now everyone has headphones on and a TV in front of them.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I know you're a foodie. Turn the convo to food and casually ask if she wants to go try that ..... place. If she doesn't eat interesting food, then you won't have to waste your time. Two birds with one stone.
  • elysecea
    elysecea Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    when i'm at the gym i'm wearing my rattiest shorts, no makeup, an oversized oscar the grouch t shirt or something similar, and NOTHiNG matches, not to mention i am slick with sweat and reek of eau de stank.

if someone were to approach me in the gym i would likely punch them in the face.
    I would feel totally flattered looking like I do all sweaty nasty no make up hair a mess! Just dont interupt me while I am in the zone!