Paranormal Books??

Options
herstrawberri
herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
Good afternoon! I'm curious as to what everyone reads? I LOVE paranormal romance/action books. Some fav authors are Karen Marie Moning, Kim harrison, Shannon K Butcher, Yasmine Galenorn, and many others. What are YOU reading?

Replies

• Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Bump for later... need more books
  • jenfactor
    jenfactor Posts: 124
    Options
    Just picked up City of Bones but haven't started it yet. That's Paranormal YA :)

Also just read a good one, not YA or Paranormal, but it's about this overweight girl that goes on a new reality weight loss show. The book is called "The Next Big Thing" by Johanna Edwards.

Also just read "The Cinderella Pact" about three friends who commit to losing weight. It wasn't as immediately good as "The Next Big Thing" but pretty good in the end.

Can you see a trend here? :)
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    My favourite books are the 'Phillip Pullman' Dark Materials. Um 'Northern lights', 'Subtle knife' and 'Amber spyglass'
    Followed by 'Kelly Armstrongs' werewolf and witch novels. Um 'Bitten', 'Stolen' and 'Broken' mainly from her collection.
  • herstrawberri
    Options
    I couldn't really get into BITTEN. I have it, but haven't read the whole thing. Maybe i will try it again.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I don't read paranormal books but one of my favorite authors is Tim Lahaye. I just started reading Thunder of Heaven by Tim LaHaye and Craig Parshall.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I couldn't really get into BITTEN. I have it, but haven't read the whole thing. Maybe i will try it again.

Bitten's plot is mainly sex and all a bit crazy.
    I started by reading Stolen and then went back to read Bitten a few years later.
    But Stolen is much easier to understand, and i think it has a much better storyline.
    I would give that ago instead.
    Same with phillip pullmans, my favourite is the middle one. I didnt like Northern Lights half as much because it was written in a different way.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    have you read j.r. ward's black dagger brotherhood? they are some of my favorite paranormal romance books.
    nalini singh has an angel series that i adore. she also has a shifter series that i think is just so-so.
    lori devoti wrote 'amazon ink', a book about modern day amazon women. it is more urban fantasy than paranormal, but very good!
    if you don't read devon monk, you should!
    caris roane!!!
    kristina douglas
    kendra leigh castle
    lynn viehl
    ilona andrews
    meljean brook
    cheyenne mccray
    thea harrison
    marie treanor
    jeanne c. stein
    vicki lewis thompson (light-hearted and fun)
    charlaine harris
    maryjanice davidson
    and kresley cole

i could keep this up all day. :) i typically read a book a day.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    My most recent favorite is Infected by Scott Sigler :D It is horror and I'm working on the sequel, Contagious, right now. I'm def a horror reader although a few books mentioned above I loved (The Subtle Knife, Amber Spyglass )
  • redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Sherrrilyn Kennyon's Dark Hunter/Were-hunter/dream hunter series...They have a greek myth combined w/ vampire/were wolf type spin that is quite paranormal and entertaining....
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Two of my favorite authors:
    Jim Butcher
    Laurell K Hamilton

I also like Patricia Briggs, Kim Harrison, Kelley Armstrong and Jeaniene Frost. I have many more on my GoodReads shelf but I just can't think of them right now. :happy:
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Sherrrilyn Kennyon's Dark Hunter/Were-hunter/dream hunter series...They have a greek myth combined w/ vampire/were wolf type spin that is quite paranormal and entertaining....

Oh yes! Love her too!!!
  • ReinasWrath
    Options
    oh and if you guys are into paranormal books my father wrote one!! Its all non fiction and is pretty much a journal of his ghost hunting :) I know, shameless self promotion right :D

Here's a link in case your interested!

mediatakeout.com/photo/13188522428df181571f.jpg[img\]
  • ReinasWrath
    Options

Oh yes! Love her too!!!

I lover her too!!! Acheron is my fav of hers :D
  • ar_smith
    Options
    I picked up a random new book about a month ago at library and really liked it. It is called "Dracula in Love" by Karen Essex. Very well written and a wonderful spin on the classic tale of Dracula. It is Mina's version of the story.
  • herstrawberri
    Options
    OHH I have read ALL of Sherrilyn Kenyons books. I LOVE Acheron!! Thank you all so much! I have some wonderful new authors!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    If you have a Kindle, Shelly Crane is my all time FAVORITE! She has 2 series that I absolutely love! Look up "Collide" and "Significance" on amazon. They are beginning to be released on paperback too!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I love these types of books.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Laurell K hamilton (anita blake & merry gentry seires)
    JR Ward Black Dagger Brotherhood
    The Hollows series
    Anne Rice Books.
    Mary Janice Davidson has a cute series.
    Richelle Mead's Succubus series.
    Christine Feehan
  • herstrawberri
    Options
    I like Christine Feehan as well but sometines her books have to much sex for me. LOL. I LOVED the Drake sisters series.
  • herstrawberri
    Options
    What did u guys think about the Twilight series?