Do you ever cheat or knowingly go over calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I am actually planning (or bracing) to go over on Superbowl Sunday. I don't drink beer very often, but when I do I like the kind that is 300 calories a bottle. And I know I won't have just one. :devil: So, between that and the food, I am sure I will go over even with exercise and that's ok because I am mentally prepared to get back in the swing of things on Monday.
  • tscotty
    Options
    Ah, don't kick yourself too much. Listen to your body. If you are craving a steak, have 8 oz. or less! Moderation I find is key. That way your body gets satisfied and you don't feel horrible (hopefully!) and over stuffed. After all, you should enjoy your diet! Not make it a chore :smile:
    oh- and EAT SLOW, savor every delicious morsel!
  • RKA625
    RKA625 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Well I went a bit overboard. I had in front of me: one roll (with honey butter), a ceasar salad (no croutons, but regular dressing), mashed potatoes and a steak.

I ate the roll, the salad, and 1/2 of the steak, almost all of the mashed potatoes. I was pretty much full from the salad and roll but the time I got to the steak and potatoes, lol.
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I think it is important to allow yourself meals like this at times. I had the same trouble tonight, we ate out and the restaurant doesn't post nutritional info on their website and I didn't ask at the restaurant. I got a chicken salad but regular dressing and drank only water. I estimated my meal to be around 600 calories, and that put me over by almost 200, but I am at peace with that. I made a deliberate choice, not an emotional one like a poster before said. See I had an epiphany today, though it is small, it was big. See, I have thought that my struggle for the past eight years has been with my weight, however I now know that my struggle has been my relationship with food. I really feel that since I have joined MFP, I have been able to work on that a lot and that is super exciting to me. I am glad you had that steak. I am glad I had that gigantic salad. I am also glad that I will be hitting the gym hard tomorrow. :flowerforyou:
  • RKA625
    Options
    ^ lol, me too!

I have spin class tomorrow and am really going to push myself to work those calories off.
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I will try to post here tomorrow to let you know I did it. We will hold each other accountable. LOL
  • RKA625
    Options
    ^ good idea! :-)
  • whitneykt
    whitneykt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing you all need to think about . . .

If you are thinking you are "cheating", then you are on a diet!

I don't know about anyone else . . . but, I am NOT on a DIET. I am changing my LIFE!! Which means, yes, I will go over my calories once in awhile because LIFE HAPPENS!!

What do I do when LIFE HAPPENS? I go on to the next meal and/or the next day and continue to make better choices. We are not always going to make good choices . . . but if you are aware that you are making a bad choice, don't beat yourself up about it . . . go on to the next meal or the next day and make better choices.

I DO NOT deprive myself of anything. There are times that I eat a 3 muskateer bar, eat at McDonalds or Chick fil A when I'm out shopping . . . is it good for me? NO? Do I tell myself I can NOT have it? Absolutely NOT! It's called eating in moderation.

If you deprive yourself of the things that you enjoy, you will never succeed if you think there are foods that you CAN NOT eat! You WILL crave them and then when you do eat them you will BINGE eat them and BEAT yourself up afterwards for eating them.

If you tell yourself that you can have them once in a while, then you won't crave them and you WILL succeed in your weight loss journey and become a much stronger and healthier person.

Okay - I'm off my soapbox now. :blushing: And, in answer to your question . . . YES I do KNOWINGLY go over my colories but, I NEVER CHEAT!!! :happy:
  • RKA625
    Options
    ^ That's a good way to think about it.

Well I am just checking in, to say I did my spin class today. In case anyone was wondering, lol! :bigsmile:
  • whitneykt
    whitneykt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yea Kelly - you spinning girl!! :flowerforyou: