Eating with Chopsticks

Options
Do you eat too fast? I used to as well...until I started eating my meals with chopsticks. Now I slow down, chew more and enjoy my food instead of wolfing it down. By eating slower, you feel full faster, making you not eat as much.

What do you do when you eat?

Replies

• shesblossoming
    Options
    That's a great tip. I used to eat everything with chopsticks, because It hought it was so fun. Now, I might do it again since it might help me with overeating. Thanks!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    Do you eat too fast? I used to as well...until I started eating my meals with chopsticks. Now I slow down, chew more and enjoy my food instead of wolfing it down. By eating slower, you feel full faster, making you not eat as much.

I'm Asian. Chopsticks wouldn't deter me from eating fast!!!
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    i can't use those damn things..id get so frustrated i'd just start using my hands like my toddler does from time to time LOL
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

LOL!
  • jenthestrawberry
    jenthestrawberry Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you're good with chopsticks, this no longer works :P
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options

I digest. :noway:
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    i can't use those damn things..id get so frustrated i'd just start using my hands like my toddler does from time to time LOL

I'd end up eating food on a stick, like at the Minnesota State Fair.

http://minneapolis.about.com/od/Fairs/a/Food-On-A-Stick-At-The-Minnesota-State-Fair-For-2011.htm
  • SexSeaCow
    SexSeaCow Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I cut things into teeny pieces and if I snack I break crackers or pretzels or whatever into smaller pieces as well. Tricks my brain into thinking I ate more and I feel like I digest better as I eat so I don't cram in as much food as possible.
  • xo_jewel_xo
    xo_jewel_xo Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I count my chewing, and make sure i put my fork down between bites.
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options

AHAHAHAHA!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I digest. :noway:

Hahaha!
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I use a baby spoon, and a baby bowl. that really made me slow down, and I got fill quicker