Let's Get This Party Started!!

Options
My colleague put me on to this. I'm moving over from Weight Watchers (funny that's what the banner is above where I'm typing). I've been losing, but slowly, sporadically, and with a lot of ups and downs, playing with the same 8 lbs for months now. So I'm trying something new.

I am going to start running again and train for matrathon #4 (I'll run it next fall). I've run all of them while above 160 lbs, so please don't think I used to be skinny.

I never was. I weigh less now (185) than middle school, and am down from an all-time high of 250. But I suck at food choices.

I just got married 4 months ago, and want to get on this. My husband has gotten himself in great shape since we got together, and I want to be, too.

That's that! I'm excited for the iPhone app (loading now..) and for being able t oscan bar codes.

I have a board on my Pinterest for inspiration. Two fav things I've found:

DON'T REWARD YOURSELF WITH FOOD. YOU ARE NOT A DOG

and

NO MATTER HOW SLOW YOU GO YOU ARE LAPPING EVERYONE ON THE COUCH.

I need to remember that stuff and keep moving...
Yay for those os us making a plan!!

Replies

• april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    im a former WW lifetime member...and iu can tell you that you dont need to pay anyone to tell you how to lose weight...andsince it's free here, you can totally do this with our help and some determination!
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    and i meant to add WELCOME :)
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    As a slow runner, I love your second quote!!!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    good luck to you. I don't like the points plus style on WW because there are too many free points (fruits/veggies) for foods that actually have calories.

on an unrelated note, seeing your user name...we had a thread about whether someone should eat a corndog yesterday. hehe.
  • Falling_star
    Falling_star Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Welcome im trying to get in shape for my wedding next year, im a recovering chocoholic :laugh:
    im trying to make the right food choices. feel free to add me so you can have a nosy at my diary.
  • lonecorndog
    Options
    I allow myself one corndog a year (at a local art fair in fall). So I've had mine. It was delish.

The free thing is the clincher for me, and the "free" points were nice, and for me, at least, it was a way of choosing better. I found that instead of eating carbs (my downfall) I would opt for an apple. So it made me make better, healthier choices, but I know that I needed to start being mindful of the calories.

Thanks for the welcome!!

LOVE the barcode scanner! Just scanned my lunch!!
  • Redpeppa
    Options
    Welcome to fitnesspal .. i been on here for about a month n ahalf i guess. .. Its always nice to see new faces and find people who can modivate you.. add me if u like
  • Egads
    Egads Posts: 1
    Options
    This is my first time posting a comment. I just want to say that MyFitness Pal is great. I too am a lifetime Weight Watcher. I love that I can have what I want "within reason" and MyFitness Pal has the calorie count for it. I started this about 8 months ago and am loving it