Signs you are working in a hostile environment

Options
Iamfit4life
Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
1. You're afraid to say "bless you" when somebody sneezes... you got told by a co-worker that another co-worker doesn't apperciate it for "religious reasons.

2. You are now afraid to offer snacks, as your head will be ripped off.

3. You are pretty sure they are putting staples on your chair in hoping you will sit on it.

4. You have to cringe as they discuss the song "sexual healing"

Add your own! :D

Replies

• czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    When you have a little mini voo doo doll for the boss :embarassed:
  • cflorkie
    cflorkie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    1) when you have to work with the girl your husband cheated on you with.... True story!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    When you walk in and say "Good Morning" and everyone just looks at you and goes back to work without saying a word...
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    1. You're afraid to say "bless you" when somebody sneezes... you got told by a co-worker that another co-worker doesn't apperciate it for "religious reasons.

3. You are pretty sure they are putting staples on your chair in hoping you will sit on it.

I'd be out o' der LOL
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    When your boss says ever since he hired you he's considered a "retard test" for screening new applicants.

True story. Needless to say, this employee has now quit for this (and many other) reasons.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    1) when you have to work with the girl your husband cheated on you with.... True story!

you win
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options

Oh you need a little mini voo doo doll for her! :noway:
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options

Ouch!

When you feel sick to your stomach every morning before going to work.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    When you see your employees keeping daily logs of each other's break times, lunch times, and potty breaks (not where I work now, but a corporate America pressure cooker I used to work in).
  • Iamfit4life
    Options

I'd be out o' der LOL
    The thing is my two bosses are great.

But everybody else should be in Ohio today, being chased with cops toting tranq guns.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    When your boss gathers the entire office outside the toilet and makes everyone go in and have a look at the state the toilet has been left in and if you refuse he tries to push you in....true story and oh so many others from the maddest boss I ever worked for.
  • cflorkie
    Options

you win

:laugh: Is that what we're calling it now?

Seriously, she can have him. And don't worry ladies, Love is grand but divorce cost him 100 grand :drinker:
  • Iamfit4life
    Options

you win

Seriously, she can have him. And don't worry ladies, Love is grand but divorce cost him 100 grand :drinker:

Good what a d-bag.

I'm sorry you have to work with the c u next tuesday.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    When the people at work start to label each other spies for different management factions.

When individuals start to threaten other people for talking to someone.

When individuals start to demand unwaivering loyalty under the threat of career/social sabotage.
  • cflorkie
    Options

you win

Good what a d-bag.

Not anymore, She got fired for trying to beat me up in the parking lot....ahhh work is blissfully drama free now :)
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    When your co-worker throws things at you in a meeting.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

you win

Good what a d-bag.

Not anymore, She got fired for trying to beat me up in the parking lot....ahhh work is blissfully drama free now :)

LOL...Karma is a mo-fo :bigsmile:
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

you win

Good grief... how do you fight the desire not to kick her *kitten* every day? I know the money helps but damn.

Just saw your reply. I'm glad you got that worked out.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Good grief... how do you fight the desire not to kick her *kitten* every day? I know the money helps but damn.

Just saw your reply. I'm glad you got that worked out.

seriously.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    When you have a little mini voo doo doll for the boss :embarassed:

Great idea!! :wink: