Help me choose, cause I can't!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I've owned a Nissan before...older yes and they are a pain to work on and more expensive to work on.

I was never a Ford person either, HOWEVER, I respect that they didn't take the bailout money and they have been agressively working on better quality, fuel efficient vehicles. Most they're cars made late 2000's are VERY reliable.

Personally, I would go with the Ford Fusion or even one of the new Ford Taurus' ....

I swore I'd never own a Nissan again and I never will

Do your research though and test drive them...see what YOU really like...check insurance prices as well
  • afrazier128
    afrazier128 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies....I did a TON of homework on these cars. I even did an edmunds "true" cost to own on each and suprisingly enough the ford was about 2500 more to own over the first five years. And with the killer deduct they're giving me on the Nissan, the lost equity aspect is near mute.

For you Altima drivers....what kind of true mpg are you getting? I've driven a fusion enough to know it's about 24-ish....

Combined driving on the 07 Altima we owned was 25-27. Straight highway fully loaded with kids, pets and luggage was 32-33.

:happy:
  • everydaypam
    everydaypam Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have a 2009 Nissan Altima and I love it. On the other hand, the Ford Fusion was the other car I was looking at. A lot can change in 3 years, but I hated the way the Ford drove when I took it out for tests and every time I get it as a rental. Take them both for a spin and decide which one you like the feel of better. Cars are such a personal choice it's hard for someone else to tell you which one is better.

Edit: I get about 26-27 MPG in the city and 32-34 MPG on the highway.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Buy American.:smile:

The Fusion is built in Mexico.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I know nothing about the Nissan. So can't help you there. But I am buying a car also and had my Fusion all picked out, had the deposit made on it, just waiting for hubby to come home to sign papers (WI is a community property state and oh yeah, he's the one who's employed) It's a great car, I really like it. Due to a family member who is helping us out with this purchase, and because he owns a Prius, I had to go check those out. Meh. Then while I'm talking to him he says he's read really great things about the Chevy Cruze did I check those out yet. So off I go, resigned to the fact that now I have to go and check this one out when I already have a car picked out...... I LOVE IT! I will be picking it up next week. I got the exact car that I wanted with all the options I wanted, for $7000 less than the Fusion! Plus it's a little more car than the Fusion, and it gets better gas mileage...... 38 mpg highway to Fusions 35mpg. The only thing I did not get [on either car] was heated leather seats, which was a luxury I would have taken had I have been "forced" to ... wink wink, nudge nudge.

So, yeah, I'm throwing that out there to you. Do not get me wrong, I like how the Fusion handled, I liked the leg room, I liked the cargo space and with hockey crap I have to be conscious of that, in fact I took the hockey bag and stick with me when shopping to see how it fit. I mean if I had to choose between Fusion and Prius, Fusion would win hands down, even though Prius gets way better gas mileage. But the Cruze just won hands down. And when it comes down to it, they are very comprable really. But better gas mileage and $7000 helped. I don't know what you're looking for as far as options, but it's worth a look-see.

So, I got the 2012 Cruze, black, with the jet black/sport red interior, sun roof, remote start (Fusion did not have) 6 mos OnStar, 3 mos Sirius (Ford has comprable to OnStar for same time and Sirius for same time) iPod connectivity, blue tooth, 10 air bags, better warranty, sportier package, power seats, for 19,500 ish. That reflects my trade in allowance. And the Ford was almost $7000 more.