Can you lose weight drinking water alone....

sassiebritches
sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
and counting cals, but not excercising??

If I don't excercise today, but I drink 12+ glasses of water and count calories, will I lose any weight this way?

Replies

• sassiebritches
    and counting cals, but not excercising??

If I don't excercise today, but I drink 12+ glasses of water and count calories, will I lose any weight this way?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    When I hit 193 I joined a program called "Slim 4 Life". It stressed high protein, low carbs, and LOTS of water and I lost 55 pounds.

So yes, it can be done! :smile:
  • Not if your still eating, increasing your intake of liquids especially whilst eating actually wekens your digestion system therefore food is not properly digested, therfore can turn into fat easier...

My advice is take two tablespoons of organic cider vinegar before each meal, it stops you feeling hungry you will feel fuller quicker...

But try going for a 15 minute walk or just pottering around the house thats 80 cals easily burnt!!

hope that helps
  • Robin_
    Robin_ Posts: 105
    It's the simple math of calories in, VS calories burned. If you burn more than you eat...you will lose weight, exercising or not, 12 glasses of water or not.
  • sassiebritches
    Well on the excercise front, unfortunately now that I am motivated I cannot do it, have an injury, so situps and maybe pilates is it for me........darn

Thanks all

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Hey! Shannon023 what exactly is slim4life?
  • xenanoo
    xenanoo Posts: 69
    Well on the excercise front, unfortunately now that I am motivated I cannot do it, have an injury, so situps and maybe pilates is it for me........darn

Thanks all

GO GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 minutes of cleaning the house burns like, 88 calories =)
This discussion has been closed.