neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
INGREDIENTS FOR EGGPLANT
2 fairly large eggplant
olive oil for brushing eggplant surfaces
Sea salt and pepper
3 large eggs
1/4 cup of milk or cream
4 oz of chevre (goat cheese) crumbled.
1 tbsp of fresh oregano...mixed into the goat cheese.

INGREDIENTS FOR SALAD.
12 small tomato's....cherry, pear, heirloom
handful of greens, your choice
2 tbsps of evoo
1 tbsp of vinegar.....balsamic or white wine
2 cloves of roasted garic
salt and pepper.

METHOD FOR EGGPLANT
Heat oven to 400. Slice 1 eggplant lengthwise 1/4" and brush with olive oil and cook in the oven until soft. Turn oven down to 375. Cut the other eggplant in half lengthwise and brush cut side with olive oil and cook on a sheet pan in the oven until very soft, about 35 minutes. Scrape the flesh from the eggplant halves into a bowl, let cool as bit. Add the eggs and milk and season with salt and pepper. Line 4 to 6 ramekins or muffin tins, which is what I did, with the eggplant slices leaving so they overhang a little. Spoon in some eggplant mixture (half way up) add the goat cheese and add more eggplant mixture.....fold the eggplant slices over to cover. Set on a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes, and then let it rest for 10 minutes. These will rise like a souffle a bit. Check with a small knife inserted into the center to make sure their hot before removing from oven, if not continue to cook.
METHOD FOR SALAD
Cut tomato's into quarters or halves, your call. Mix the oil and vinegar and the garlic to make a dressing. Mix greens, tomato's and dressing together and season with salt and pepper.

PRESENTATION
Turn out the eggplant souffles and invert them on a plate and serve a large spoonful of the tomato salad along side.

Replies

• jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    WOW thank you! - this sounds amazing!
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    YUM! Thanks....I'm always looking for eggplant recipes that are healthy.
  • tyadrake
    tyadrake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    This sounds wonderful, any idea of nutrition information?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    This sounds wonderful, any idea of nutrition information?

No, sorry I don't. I don't count calories per se. There's many free recipe calculators on the internet that will do that for you.