Anyone had turkey bacon???

Options
I am fixing "breakfast" for dinner tonight and I decided to get myself some Jennie O extra lean turkey bacon at the store on the way home from work. Has anyone cooked this up and liked it? I'm a little freaked out! :wink: I like "real" bacon SO much, but at 4 grams of fat PER slice, I just can't bring myself to eat it.

I am gonna have an english muffin with jelly rather than french toast with everyone else. I'm also gonna fix some scrambled egg whites and fresh fruit salad. Sounds fairly good . . . Just worried about the darn bacon!! :happy:

Replies

• kolbif
    kolbif Posts: 83
    Options
    I am fixing "breakfast" for dinner tonight and I decided to get myself some Jennie O extra lean turkey bacon at the store on the way home from work. Has anyone cooked this up and liked it? I'm a little freaked out! :wink: I like "real" bacon SO much, but at 4 grams of fat PER slice, I just can't bring myself to eat it.

I am gonna have an english muffin with jelly rather than french toast with everyone else. I'm also gonna fix some scrambled egg whites and fresh fruit salad. Sounds fairly good . . . Just worried about the darn bacon!! :happy:
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    it's YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  • DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    not the real deal but a very tasty sub!
  • holly78
    holly78 Posts: 347
    Options
    I love Turkey Bacon, Sausauge and Pepperoni
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat less of the real thing than eat the turkey bacon. I did not like it.
  • cbrooks66
    cbrooks66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Cooking with it in my southern greens as I type! Love turkey bacon and use it almost everyday. I must say I was a bit challenged wih the texture of Jennie O, but there are several good brands out there. You must be aware of the sodium content...
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    turkey bacon taste like cardboard to me. i threw mine out the window, literally and gave the uncooked portion away.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    the fat grams are not the problem....eat the real stuff...just watch the total cals for the day....real is ALWAYS better