Another newbie for the stack..

Options
Afternoon all :)

Just making a quick post here to say hi and possibly find some people from my area. I'm an IT guy living in Pensacola FL joining this site with the hopes of getting into a routine that will get me into better shape as well as offset my sedentary job with some activity in my free time.

Replies

• MikeDailyIntake
    Options
    Welcome to the site man, im also new myself. I live just south of you in Tampa, hope you stick with the weight loss/weight gain whichever you choose!
  • Carenath
    Carenath Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, honestly didn't expect to see any response from anyone this fast on an introduction thread. :)

I'm torn between the two notions really. I dont know that I'm interested in 'body-building' but I know that I'm far from what I would regard as in-shape. The question of gaining weight vs losing weight for that goal is dependent on the path I take towards accomplishing it. I'm more interested in losing the bodyfat than building alot of muscle for the moment.
  • MikeDailyIntake
    Options
    When bodybuilding you need to have a little bit of body fat on you that way your muscle has something to feed off of, and your caloric intake will be alot higher than if you were cutting fat. I've also noticed people reply very quickly on this website, and they're friendly too! hopefully you figure out which of the 2 you want to do!(bodybuilding or fat burning i mean)
  • gene19728
    gene19728 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    HELLO. . I have been using the phone app for about a month and just started checking the site out online. I have lost about 17 pounds so far and have another 55lbs to go to meet my goal. It always helps to have folks to bounce things off of if you need to. Feel free to add me, and again welcome-Gene