People are noticing!

Options
BeccaB1981
BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
I saw a co-worker today that I haven't seen i a while and he made a comment about me losing weight and I took the wise Jillian Michael's advice and said thank you instead of minimizing my weight loss or saying how much I still need to lose.

When friends tell you how awesome you look, drop the "I still have more to go" crap. You worked hard and you deserve the compliment! ~Jillian Michaels

Thanks Jillian! lol
:happy:

Replies

• sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    ^-^ Great advice!

Also: YOU LOOK GREAT!!!
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    thats so true congrats your doing great
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! That's awesome. What great advice, too. I need to learn to do that.
  • blarics11
    Options
    Love that Jillian!!! been watching biggest loser all over from season 1-12 on netflix while i've been working out!
  • blondz
    blondz Posts: 7
    Options
    Great advice! Going forward I will simply say, "Thanks"....... :-)
  • FionaHelen
    FionaHelen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    fantastic attitude, i love Gillian, but was hating her this morning when i woke after doing the shred and my body was screaming ouch at me!!!! but it will be worth it! :-)
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS advice and good for you!!!!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    great :happy: keep it up!!!
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    That's the best! Last week my BROTHER noticed if you can believe it. I was standing in front of him and he looks at me, and just says "Have you lost weight?" LOL, not quite a 'compliment' but he noticed and i'll take it! ;)
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Yes ma'am! I ALWAYS say thank you! It took years to learn, but everytime I would say "Oh no I still have more to lose..." Not only was I being hard on myself, but I was calling the other person a Liar. So EVEN IF I DON'T BELIEVE what they say, if it is positive, I SMILE REALLLY REALLY BIG :-D and say "THANK YOU!"

Thank you for sharing.

SLB
  • ParkersMomma2010
    ParkersMomma2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic, and such great advise!
  • AnitaMcKenna
    AnitaMcKenna Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love this! Will def try it next time as I am starting to show my loss now!

THANK YOU for this! I would thank Jillian but we've yet to meet! :wink:
  • Meggy247
    Meggy247 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! Also, love that advice :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!