hello!

Options
Hey everyone,
I'm a 26 year old female from the us, living in argentina currently. I've been using mfp on and off for a few months now, but really need to get serious now because it's almost summer here in buenos aires and I want to feel healthy and comfortable in my body this year. After moving here a year ago, I put on about 8 lbs because...well...let's just say 'dulce de leche'. I wasn't used to cooking, and despite all the extra walking I do here, my body went completely off-balance. I would have horrible blood sugar crashes, and then snack on pastries, ice cream, empanadas etc, to try to bounce back. If I dieted, I would just eat fruits and vegetables, but couldn't keep it up for more than a couple of days. Over the last few months, I've been trying really hard to prepare my own food, plan ahead, and eat before or as soon as I feel hunger coming on, and it's gotten me to the point where I feel like I'm choosing what I eat, instead of being driven by sugar crashes. Reading the MFP forums has been a huge help and motivation, especially the 'relatively light people getting leaner' thread. Looking back, I realize that even when I weighed 105, I had no muscle, and still had flabby arms and legs, so I'm paying attention to protein and strength training. Don't have a gym membership right now, so I'm starting with bodyweight exercise and insanity. Anyway I wanted to jump into the discussion and add friends on here, because I've been too inconsistent, and have only lost 2 pounds since June...some accountability might be the push I need. well that's me, nice to meet you guys!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. You are going to love it here.:flowerforyou:
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you!
    Welcome back to MFP!

Love INSANITY!!!!!!! I'm into my Week Three and have lost 3lbs.
    Moving puts lots of mental, physical, and emotional strain on a person from loss of intimate relationships and attachments. Change is scary, but also needed and very rewarding. Congratulations on your life change to a new place!
    You will find lots of motivational friends here. Good luck on your goals. You can reach them!

Thanks for sharing

SLB :flowerforyou: