Crossfit?

Options
I would like to start strength training sometime. Howver, I have no idea where to begin. Is crossfit a good idea for someone who has never really done strength training in their lives?

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    If it's with instruction, it's very good.

Without instruction, the incredibly complex lifts included can be dangerous for the novice.
  • butler879
    butler879 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Crossfit is intense and can be quite expensive depending on your area.

I work out with a group, for free, 3 days a week and it is all crossfit based. However, to be a member of the actual gym is $100+ a month.

I think most crossfit gyms will make you take a beginners course that you may have to pass to become a memeber.

If your not currently working out, I might start by checking to see if there are any boot camps/workout groups around before you jump straight to crossfit.
  • MikeDailyIntake
    Options
    you can always join a local gym and start from there. strength training is hard at first but once you do it for awhile, you love it! you can start doing it any time of the year also. so don't worry and do it when you feel ready
  • sweetxsour35
    Options
    There is a crossfit training center near where I live that offers an "On Ramp" course, so called because it gets you into crossfit. I'm considering choosing this course rather than one at another training center even though they are cheaper. It's only a 4 week course, so I might switch to the cheaper one after that due to financial issues.