College Girls Group?

Options
I've been on MFP since May, and I'm an undergraduate engineering major...So naturally once school started, motivation lagged a little bit. I'm still *on the wagon*, but the wagon has slowed significantly. I'm wondering if there would be any girls in college interested in starting a group? We could weigh in 1x a week, blah blah blah, all the group stuff? Let me know, and friend request me if you're interested :)

-Kate

Replies

• allyfry
    allyfry Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Count me in. My wagon has stopped and my oxen abandoned me.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Sure! Im a junior majoring in dietetics :]
  • skye_logan
    skye_logan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This sounds perfect for me! I'm an junior majoring in Computer Engineering.
  • cheetahcub2010
    cheetahcub2010 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Senior Genetics and Wildlife major
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'd be down. I'm a senior majoring in HR Management
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    i'm in! senior in nursing.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm a sophomore and a marine biology/pre-vet major. Anyone can add me if they would like!
  • ProjectSara
    ProjectSara Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'll join! I'm a grad student in Water Resources Science. I actually find it easier to make the right choices when I'm at school M-F, because I'm away from my boyfriend who is an AWESOME cook (although not the healthiest cook = me making worse choices).

I like the idea of weekly check ins. It'll be fun to be accountable to a group!

~Sara
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    What are everyone's goals? I'm 5'3"--started at 170 and would like to be 135. 135 is technically not even that great of a weight for my height, bmi wise, but I am naturally v. muscular...When I was 170 people thought I was 150...

I started out doing 1.5 lbs a week, until I got to 158, and I've since switched to 1 lb a week--but I haven't lost much. Partly cause of midterm week...I was just happy I didn't gain anything that week...But also not as much time to do my interval work outs and stuff--I mostly just jog now for a workout. What about you guys?
  • KayyB13
    KayyB13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! Senior criminal justice major, who did great over the summer and now kinda struggling to stay motivated this semester!
  • newbba43
    Options
    You can count me in! It would be great to have some motivation from people who understand how difficult it is to lose weight while in college! I'm a Junior Criminal Justice major! :)
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    love to! I am a freshman, majoring in nursing.
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i want in!
    I was 165, got down to 126, gained back to 133 over the summer.
    Now I'm just trying to get the hang of maintenance and slowly getting back to 125 range
    i'm a second year college student, majoring in genomics and molecular genetics
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My current weigh is 287 and my ultimate goal is 175.
  • newbba43
    Options
    My current weight is 218, and I would ultimately like to get to 140. I've always had trouble keeping myself motivated so I think this would be a great way to keep myself on the wagon! I've just started a workout routine today, did about 40 mins of cardio today, and plan on keeping up at least that 5 times a week, maybe making my workouts a little more interesting. But I wouls love to learn some different techniques that you all use during your workouts!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I'm a junior rehabilitation major :) Nice to see other college girls on here!
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My current weight is 218, and I would ultimately like to get to 140. I've always had trouble keeping myself motivated so I think this would be a great way to keep myself on the wagon! I've just started a workout routine today, did about 40 mins of cardio today, and plan on keeping up at least that 5 times a week, maybe making my workouts a little more interesting. But I wouls love to learn some different techniques that you all use during your workouts!
    cardio killlllls me. I love weights and strength training! (i always get weird looks at the gym for that one...) do you run/eliptical/what?
    How do you stay motivated for 40 min straight? i get bored after like 20 usually
  • kitkatkait
    kitkatkait Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome! I'm a sophomore English major.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Current weight - about 161
    Goal weight: I don't really have a goal weight, I just want to lose my stomach! So however long that takes. I imagine if I lost 10 more pounds (putting me at 150) I would be happy with my stomach!
  • AlexzKT
    AlexzKT Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm a first-year in vet school, so not quite undergrad, but very close (I mean, I only graduated 4 months ago!). I started at around 150 (lost some of it before MFP), and I've been in the low 140's FOREVER. It's so hard finding motivation having so much school, so this sounds good to me!

Oh, and my goal weight would be 130-135. I'm 5'5.