worrying Heart Rate?!?!

Options
Bought a Polar FT1 yesterday! yay! However, im slightly worried by my Heart Rate. After only 3 minutes of running i was averaging 165, and the overall average was 178 and max of 189! i ran for 36 minutes!

apparently, my target should be 165. i actually ran slower than usual aswell. should i be seriously worried about this?

also, how the hell do you turn off the sound off Polar FT1, it beeps at 160 and over and it started to drive me crazy!!!!!!!!

thank you all

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    You're fine lol don't worry. My max has been 198, my range is 130-170 but I try to push myself as hard as I can when I run so I average 180. You're fine =] look up different max heart rate calculators, the target is just a good general place to be but by no means the MAX you can go for safety.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    go through settings I think it's the top right button.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I have managed a 212 HR and my average for most workouts is high 160's at least. Having said this i have a heart problem and even resting its 100-120. I wonder if high heart rate people should eat more calories?
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    great stuff, iv sorted the stupid beeping out and moved the target rates thank god lol not worrying as much on my heart rate, im sat here on laptop and its at 78 bpm so i think its pretty accurate :)