Very short term challenge...who's with me?

Options
Okay, I am having a minor but kind of scary procedure done on February 12, and because of the stitches that I'll have, I won't be able to exercise for a few weeks afterward. Therefore, I am challenging myself to lose 6 pounds in the three weeks I have until then. I am only posting this to have some accountability partners, so who's with me? Thanks guys!

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am having a minor but kind of scary procedure done on February 12, and because of the stitches that I'll have, I won't be able to exercise for a few weeks afterward. Therefore, I am challenging myself to lose 6 pounds in the three weeks I have until then. I am only posting this to have some accountability partners, so who's with me? Thanks guys!
  • MattySparky
    Options
    yeah for sure Im in.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Absolutely I am in
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'll try Laura babe. Black team support mode--activated!!!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Me too me too!:drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • twoody
    twoody Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm in!!!!!!! Best of luck to you :)
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I'm in and I hope you bounce back quickly from your procedure. :flowerforyou:
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Awww thanks so much guys...knowing that I have people to hold me accountable will be so great and help me lose the 6 pounds that I want to lose in the next three weeks' time.

My goal is to stay 100% on track and lose the projected 2 pounds per week, totalling 6 pounds by February 12.

What do you guys hope to accomplish in the next 3 weeks? It can be anything...just set a goal for yourself and do your best to keep up with it for three weeks. Thanks again! :flowerforyou:
  • lynniejones
    Options
    My goal is to finish the 200 sit up challenge and start the 100 push up challenge. If only I wasn't having so much fun here on the boards. Maybe I should add "stay offline all night" to my mini goals.

Lynnie
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    My goal is to finish the 200 sit up challenge and start the 100 push up challenge. If only I wasn't having so much fun here on the boards. Maybe I should add "stay offline all night" to my mini goals.

Lynnie

Haha I should make that mine too, but I'll be on the boards A LOT after my surgery...won't be able to do much else haha!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 8 pounds by the 14th of February so I am right there with you .Good Luck girl and I hope your surgery goes well.I will keep you in my prayers
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am right with you too....GOod Luck for all of us
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Thanks again guys...I appreciate it!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good luck my dear beautiful friend! I am lucky to lose 1 pound on 1200 calories, so cant meet your challenge.

But I will be more that happy the keep you accountable!!

:heart: Jeannie
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Good luck my dear beautiful friend! I am lucky to lose 1 pound on 1200 calories, so cant meet your challenge.

No no...you don't have to set the same goal as me...you can set any goal...just pick something you want to accomplish by February 12...it doesn't have to bee the same for everyone...just something to work toward :flowerforyou:

And thanks MY dear beautiful friend!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

No no...you don't have to set the same goal as me...you can set any goal...just pick something you want to accomplish by February 12...it doesn't have to bee the same for everyone...just something to work toward :flowerforyou:

And thanks MY dear beautiful friend!

Ok. I need to get back into exercising. I am sticking to 1200-1300 cals because not much movement since getting back off vacation!

So my goal by Feb 12 is to back to working out 45 min 4 days a week! Starts tomorrow morning!

So that means 12 work outs before 2/12. I will do this!
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    So my goal by Feb 12 is to back to working out 45 min 4 days a week! Starts tomorrow morning!

Let me play devil's advocate here for a moment and ask...why doesn't it start tonight? :flowerforyou:
  • lynniejones
    Options

Let me play devil's advocate here for a moment and ask...why doesn't it start tonight? :flowerforyou:

You know Laura that is the way I was when I first started. It was always "starting tomorrow" "starting Monday" "starting at the beginning of the month" "after the holidays" "new years resolution"

This time, I made up my mind and did it. I started RIGHT DURING THE HOLIDAYS! OMG. That was hard, but I knew if I got through it successfully I could do anything. And I DID! I always forgive myself for any bad decisions and tomorrow is always a new day, but I always, always always start
    right this moment.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Laura, I hope your surgery goes successfully!

My goal by the 12th of February is to take 18 walks by then with them being at least 2 1/2 miles long each! I used to walk everyday in the afternoons and did other exercises in the morning, but for the last three days I have been a slacker! :grumble:
  • thompsons81702
    thompsons81702 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I am with you! My goal is to lose 6 lbs as well. I would really love to lose 11 pounds so I am bellow 200 but I know that is unreasonable for me. I also want to make sure I am working out 6 days a week. I am usually good about that but there are always days that I am like oh well. So Good luck with your surgery an dyour mini goal.