TurboFire Help Request (HIIT)

Options
I did my first HIIT 15 today. I would like some advice about it. I have been following the Prep Schedule religiously.

First - it is so fast! My body will not move that fast and I am not really good at jumping, plus I weigh over 200 lbs. I try to follow Allie, but what she is doing is not intense enough - I don't feel like I'm doing enough when I follow her.

Do you feel like you get enough out of it? I would like to know what you think it is doing for you.

I know I need practice, this was only my first time. I'm trying not to get too frustrated.

Oh, and - best shoes for the jumping? Different shoes might help me, too.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Replies

• bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I would say as long as you are trying your best and you are still moving you are doing great! :) It is hard, so it will just take time... Turbo Fire is awesome and I love the Fire workouts the best!
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    I started TF back in April and really felt the same way after my first HIIT class. I can say it will come with time. At first I couldn't get my feet off the ground during the jumps like they did. I got up maybe a couple of inches. By about week 8 I could bring my knees up to my chin! Okay, okay, not that far but you get the idea. It comes with time and built up strength. Just keep moving and you will get there!!! :)

As for shoes, wear what is comfortable for you. I didn't buy new shoes just new insoles for mine. I got ones at Sports Authority and they really worked well with cushioning.
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second day of TF (whish is hiit 15). I had the same problem tonight. Not only was it too fast, but I could NOT jump that much in a row ! But from people I've talked to who have completed it, it does get easier. Once you build up strength in your legs, it won't be as hard as it is now. It's like anything else you do, keep at it and it will get easier. In no time you'll be flyin' up in the air like the rest of 'em :wink: GOOD LUCK !
  • tmorse7
    tmorse7 Posts: 24
    Options
    I've been doing Turbo Fire for over a year now and I almost never do the HIIT classes! I started with Turbo Jam and then discovered Turbo Fire. I do the Fire 45 class and Fire 55 EZ class the most. I got a Heart Rate Monitior and checked my calorie burn and with the Turbo 55EZ I burn about 900 calories. I also take a Turbo Kick class, it's similar to Turbo Fire, and with a 60 minute class my burn is about the same, between 850 - 900 calories. I think the HIIT classes are for more fit people who need the extra push. I am still over 200lbs, but I have lost over 85 pounds in the past couple of years. Be careful with your knees on the jumping parts. A lot of the time I'll do lunges instead of the jumping because I did hurt my knee about a year ago and I had to stop my workouts for 3 months to get it to heal. Good shoes are a necessity no matter what the workout you are doing. Do you have a Fleet Feet near where you live? I went to one, they did all the measurements on my feet, including a video of my feet while I was walking on a treadmill and then played it in slow motion to see exactly what my feet did. Then came trying on several different types of shoes for my specific shoes needs until we found the right fit for me, as well as good insole inserts. It has made all the difference for me in my workouts and I strongly recommend to anyone who asks to go someplace like Fleet Feet and get a thorough check of your feet and proper fitting shoes for workout. It's totally worth the time and price for the shoes! Hang in there - you are doing great!
    Terri
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Wow! You all are the best! Thank you so much for your great advice! :flowerforyou: