is Nutrisystem really what they say it is on TV?

Options
I wanna know if it's really worth the money, if it's good, low in sodium, and filling...I've bought some of their stuff from big lots..soy chips...their chili..it wasn't anything like how it looks on TV..so im just curious since they changed it up if it's any good and worth all that cash?

Replies

• ryiko
    ryiko Posts: 76
    Options
    I wanna know if it's really worth the money, if it's good, low in sodium, and filling...I've bought some of their stuff from big lots..soy chips...their chili..it wasn't anything like how it looks on TV..so im just curious since they changed it up if it's any good and worth all that cash?
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

My question to you would be can you spend that money on fruits veggies and foods that you can make at home? probably yes. MFP should be teaching you how to make good food choices and portion control. Someone asked me today how I lost the weight that I have and I told them Watching calories and portion control. Also I started excersicing so that has helped. I think you should spend your money on food that you can make instead of spending hundreds of dollars for someone else to make it and ship it to you.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I tried to do Nutrisystem 2 times... I could not stick to it at all.
    There were like two foods I liked but the rest... :sick:

Some people have success with it...but I just couldn't.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I asked about this a few months ago, and the overwhelming response seemed to be that the food wasn't that good and not worth it...here's the link http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23911-has-anyone-tried-nutrisystem?hl=nutrisystem&page=1#posts-217720
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Also, you still have to buy all your fruits and vegetables on that plan and it requires the same amount of discipline it would take you to just make good choices everyday at your pantry and out and about, as well as log that food on MFP. I say, make a go of it this way first!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    If you like dog food it's great and you have to buy fruits and veggies and sometimes more to go with it. At my weight I would be spending another $200 at least on food to go with it. I ordered it from QVC 2 yrs ago when they had a special and I liked maybe 2-3 things and the rest was dog food.:sick:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • tidwelljw
    tidwelljw Posts: 146
    Options
    For the most part it teaches you good practices to follow. I've done this twice and each time I lost about 15-20 lbs. The down side was that as soon as I quit buying the food, I fell right back into the old bad habits. So in my opinion no it's not worth the money unless you plan to stick with the principals that are put into place after you reach your weight loss goals or run out of money, which ever comes first. For me is was the money thing, it's hard to justify $300 for nutri-system and then also buying all the other groceries that go along with it.
  • velvetwing
    Options
    I did NS two years ago and I did loose some weight. it does portion things out so you dont have to think so much about what to eat, however in my opinion ---- grose.
    I had to cook supper every night for my family and then I had to nuke up a meal that didnt taste good at all. I really just have to have real food in my life and learn how to be responsible with it.
  • sunshine_girl
    Options
    I never did nutrisystem, but I wanted to share with you.

I have been on a "lifestyle change" for about 7 months now.
    when i first started I had oatmeal or cereal for breakfast and lean cuisine for dinner and lunch every day for about 2 months.

It helped me because i learned proper portion size and then i startd doing things like, making a sandwhich and writting down them all and see if I can get the calories the same or lower than my lean cuisine, and then started dinners.

I would not do nutra system personally but this is something you could do to get used to portion sizes and make it easy at first.

Now 7 months later we still have the occasional lean pocket in the freezer, but I have learned to cook proper portions, I mostly eat off a portion plate and that really helps.

Either way good luck!
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    my friends grandma was on it and we went over to her house, she had a boxed nutrisystem pizza that was over like a year old.... but the packaging said it was still good and not expired... hmmmm
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    my friends grandma was on it and we went over to her house, she had a boxed nutrisystem pizza that was over like a year old.... but the packaging said it was still good and not expired... hmmmm

Nutrisystem pizza is basically a small pita pizza.

Again, I don't really support the system. It does help with learning portion control, but so does measuring ones food.

Trust me, the food can expire..
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    I tried Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig, I couldn't stick to it, boring meals, same old thing, none very good, and very salty..