Jimmy John's

Options
So, the people at my work were ordering Jimmy John's and so I went online to check out their nutritional information. They have a really good one. You can choose any sandwich and it will tell how many calories, fat, etc. You can even add ingredients or take some off and it changes the nutritional facts.

Anyway, I like the Beach Club, the #12. I put in the information and it was 810 calories, I was shocked because there is so many good things on there: turkey, sprouts, cucumber, tomato, and an avocado spread. The bad part is the cheese, mayo, and bread.

Well, Jimmy John's allows you to get any of their sandwiches as a lettuce wrap (they call it an Unwich). All the same stuff on the bread, but on lettuce instead. So I put in the sandwich as an Unwich with no mayo and it went from 810 calories to 230. I thought that was a good lunch.

It was delicious. So if you need a healthy fast food option this is a good one. And remember they are "freaky fast" (they deliver, and that's their moto.)

Replies

• jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    So, the people at my work were ordering Jimmy John's and so I went online to check out their nutritional information. They have a really good one. You can choose any sandwich and it will tell how many calories, fat, etc. You can even add ingredients or take some off and it changes the nutritional facts.

Anyway, I like the Beach Club, the #12. I put in the information and it was 810 calories, I was shocked because there is so many good things on there: turkey, sprouts, cucumber, tomato, and an avocado spread. The bad part is the cheese, mayo, and bread.

Well, Jimmy John's allows you to get any of their sandwiches as a lettuce wrap (they call it an Unwich). All the same stuff on the bread, but on lettuce instead. So I put in the sandwich as an Unwich with no mayo and it went from 810 calories to 230. I thought that was a good lunch.

It was delicious. So if you need a healthy fast food option this is a good one. And remember they are "freaky fast" (they deliver, and that's their moto.)
  • jdickerson14
    Options
    That's a great idea! I love Jimmy John's but have not been in a while since I thought it would be bad. The Beach Club is also my favorite. :smile:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Dang!!! I wish they had those here in Central Oregon! Honestly! that would be a good thing... I'm jealous.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I love their Unwich!!!!! :o) I also find I am more full when I eat an Unwich then when I eat a regular sandwich. The carbs just don't fill me I guess!
  • jessicasager
    Options
    mmm i like their club lulu and their country something or another we love jimmy johns!
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE JJ's! :love:

If you don't get the cheese and mayo that knocks a whole lot of calories off... and I always get mine cut in half and eat half then and half about an hour later... it keeps me feeling full!