Just Sayin...

Options
So today I needed to go do some errands for my business and it kept me out past my regular lunch time. And WOW, if you eat at the same time everyday your stomach knows what time that is and has to let everyone around you know if you are missing that time. As it turns out I was standing in line at Home Depot 15 minutes into lunch time. And of course I picked the slowest line on earth. So here I am staring at all the Twix bars, M&M's, health(haha) trail mix packages, Score bar (my very favorite), and Twizzlers, you get the picture, and I'm sure you have been there. This is truly a dieters nightmare. So, this is where I stop, and take a deep breath, and wonder, if I resist this entire smorgous board of deliciousness do I get bonus points?? I mean, really, this sucks, and shouldn't I get like bonus calories, or points, or a least a gold star for not face planting into all this deliciousness and pigging out??? I'm hungry, and this is good stuff!!! I want some kind of reward for saying NO!! For moving on without making a sweet purchase.
For drinking a huge slurp of my water when I get in the car to trick my stomach into silence until I get back to the office where I get to eat my oh so yummy SALAD!!!! Bonus points!!! Bonus calories!! Just sayin.....

Replies

• audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    good job!!! =)
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Good job resisting temptation!! I would definitely call that a NSV!!
  • kittycarson
    Options
    Gold Star for you!!!! AND tomorrow eat 300 extra calories as a reward! LOL...nah, Good job!
    03258 Posts: 60
    Options
    :Yes, you definately should get bonus points!!! Nice job.
  • azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about stomach knowing the time.

I used to not eat breakfast, and now I wake up hungry. At 10 am for my "secondsies" my stomach tells me. Just before 1 (lunchtime) I get another warning.

It's enough to really irritate a person who's trying to get some work done!

Gratz to you, though, for sticking to your willpower!
  • NashvilleShelley
    Options
    You do get a gold star....and hopefully the scale will reward you on your next weigh in!!! : )
    Great will power...you must really want this!!
  • Robinkinchen
    Robinkinchen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You get a gold star, lol!
  • Athena_C
    Athena_C Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bonus calories for you for sure!! (Maybe you burned a couple salivating over the snacks?) Kudos go out to you for resisting temptation. Well done!!
  • terriepage
    terriepage Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Those choices add up to lost pounds...good job!
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    gold star and bonus points on your will power scorecard. Congrats babe :)
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    ROCK STAR!!!!! A ROLE MODEL TO ALL. UNBELIEVABLE. KUDOS AND DEFINITELY A GOLD STAR! JUST SAYIN . . .
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! I now feel like I at least got a gold star!! I love a the motivation and support I find on this web site! Keep up the good work all.