Body bugg?

Options
Who uses this and is it worth the money? I really want one and am thinking of asking my hubby for it for Christmas, but it seems kinda pricey., Is it really worth it?

Replies

• Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have one and i love it! lets me see exactly what i am burning.
  • Tiffanydepiano
    Tiffanydepiano Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    what is it?
  • mariposadedios
    Options
    i got the other version from this company - bodymedia (http://www.bodymedia.com) - the only difference is it isn't affiliated with any gym like the body bugg.

I haven't been using it since i've been pregnant, but before i got pregnant I lost about 10 pounds in a couple of months and loved that I could see really how many calories i was burning and how many steps i was taking!

I can't wait to use it after having the baby to lose some baby weight!
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I went with a bodymedia fit - which I think is made by the same company. I just got it about a week ago and it's awesome! I bought it used on Ebay for about 1/2 the price and it works great and looks brand new. It even syncs up to my smartphone via bluetooth. I am loving all the cool things it does!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    bump

are the people who reply with this just basically the trolls of MFP??
  • Echo17121
    Echo17121 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have one and I love it. I was totally overestimating my calories burned during workouts using this website. It was giving me 600 for something I was only burning maybe 350 ish. It is great to really nail down any issues with weight because it is right there in front of you. I wear mine all day and sometimes hit a burn of 3000 or more a day so that tells me that I need to up my intake. It will really help you figure out what is right for you. Plus I think right now it is on sale for 179 or something like that. They still e-mail you for sales even though you already bought one! That is the one downside I guess!
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Who uses this and is it worth the money? I really want one and am thinking of asking my hubby for it for Christmas, but it seems kinda pricey., Is it really worth it?

Quite honestly, it IS worth it... I wear mind daily ( also look up bodymedia fit..same company who developed it, the bodybugg name is just under 24 hour fitness...sometimes the bodymedia is cheaper) ... it has been THE most motivational thing I've ever gotten.. I push myself further, and longer, all because I can see it in that little display. Plus I am way less likely to skip my workouts...because i see the impact in numbers.... if you have a smartphone, there is a lil' cheaper version that syncs to your phone to display...but def. make sure to make sure you either get that one, or the additional display on the regular... because you can see real time results of your workouts.. :)
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    It's amazing, I would buy another one if the one I have ever wore out. Well worth it, in my opinion.
    I have varying activity from Day to Day so tracking calories for me is like playing roulette. I tried to stop losing weight, back in July but my daily activity just made for significant shortages where I lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks. Too much weight, way too fast. If was using it back then. I probably would have not lost as much weight as I did, been able to stabilize my weight. Lesson learned.
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    I have a BodyMedia Fit. I love it. With it I've found I plateaued because I was eating at a ginormous deficit and since I've got it, I've been trying to fix my metabolism. Haven't really lost much yet, but I think my metabolism is starting to get into gear.
  • KareyMarie
    KareyMarie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have one, and I LOVE mine, too! I bought the BodyBugg plus the digital display for $245 and it was worth every penny (in my opinion). It's WONDERFUL seeing exactly how much you burn! I don't use their website (I use this one, lol) for tracking my food or anything because I think their's is nothing in comparison to MFP, but when combined, it's amazing! :)
  • gardenimp
    gardenimp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've had my BodyBugg since May and I am extremely happy with it! Knowing exactly how much I burned in a day, how many steps I've taken etc really motivates me to get moving. Definately ask for one for Christmas....you won't regret it.
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    Bump.
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I just recieved my BodyMedia FIT tonight. I'm so excited about it, it's charging now. Can't wait to use it. Sorry I don't have anything useful to say about it, lol.. I'm just excited!
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell what the subscription is for you buy the link band and have a smartphone?
  • Cella30
    Options
    Can someone tell what the subscription is for you buy the link band and have a smartphone?

You have to buy the subscription, there's no way to retrieve the information unless you do. I signed up for 1 year and it's 6.99/mo. You can do shorter packages but it increases the monthly fee. Well worth it, in my opinion. I still use here to log my calories but I plug in the total count to the bodymedia website. It even tracks your sleep!

Plus I just figured out how to run the reports, and it's so cool. Gives you a summary of your averages for a period of time and gives you all these stats. I might be a techy nerd, but I love it.
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I get tied up into looking at HRMs and now this, been seeing more and more MFP posts about data being off on this site.
    Bodymedia link does look cool, but I havent even moved to a smartphone yet! Now the Razr is back in smartphone form too.
    Waterproof too.. can take into sauna at gym? Can you take body media into sauna or pool?

I see 3 months free on sub, wonder if you can do that with a used model from ebay?
  • Cella30
    Options
    I get tied up into looking at HRMs and now this, been seeing more and more MFP posts about data being off on this site.
    Bodymedia link does look cool, but I havent even moved to a smartphone yet! Now the Razr is back in smartphone form too.
    Waterproof too.. can take into sauna at gym? Can you take body media into sauna or pool?

I see 3 months free on sub, wonder if you can do that with a used model from ebay?

You can't use the bodymedia in the water :( you have to take it off before you shower. I don't know about a sauna though. I got my used one off Ebay and the website said I get 3 months free. I don't know if I trust it though...we'll see.

I should state that it won't work with every type of smart phones. Only certain ones are compatible with it.
  • opikelis
    Options
    i think costco sells the body media and 1 year membership to the website for around $200 i am thinking of buying one too. seeing all the positive reviews looks like it would be worth having
  • amys31
    amys31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, thanks for the feedback.

I was going to get either the bodybugg or bodymedia fit..hoping to find one on ebay:-)

Can anyone tell me...
    1) do you have to buy the monthly "membership" in order to see your results and use it effectively?
    2) What should I be looking for on ebay in terms of equipment? do I just need the armband/device?

Thank you..looking forward to losing these stubborn last 10 lbs for good!!:-)