I think im going to going to hit a plateau soon-HELP!

Options
Hello All!! I have lost a total of 50 pounds and have about 30-35 pounds left to go. For the past 3 weeks, I haven't been seeing the scales move. During the 50 pound loss, I was a consistent 2 pounds per week. I started doing the insanity workouts about 3 weeks now. I have been zig zagging my calories and am continuing to do so. I just dont understand how I am not losing anything...I have been working out hard and eating within my calories- but I try to not eat back the exercise calories unless I am very hungry. Any and all suggestions would be welcomed- I just dont want to hit a long plateau....

Replies

• DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've camped on more plateaus then I can count. So a couple thoughts. First off, they're normal and there's not really anything you can do about them. During a plateau your body is adjusting and recalculating. They happen when your body says, oh wait, I now weigh this much! It's best to let the process occur and just wait it out. Try to think of a plateau as an accomplishment. You've lost enough to make your body sit up and take notice. So, good for you! Also, remember, it's not a diet it's a life style change. You're in the for the long haul. So really, what's the rush? I know it's normal to set goals and have ambitions. I wanna be swim suit ready by spring, etc. But remember, the weight you're losing came on over time. It needs to take as long as it takes to get rid of it. At the end of the day, we may set goal days, but our bodies don't particularly care what we think. Just keep it going. Don't let a plateau get you down at all. If it starts to, be sure you have friends here to talk you off the ledge. No giving up!

And, congratulations on 50 pounds. That's no small achievement!
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    I read an artical the other day about high intensity workouts and the scale actually going up to begin with. Still at it and the will come off soon enough plus, go by ur inches hunny! Ur doing amazing kleep it up. Loeve Pink xxx
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi. I've camped on more plateaus then I can count. So a couple thoughts. First off, they're normal and there's not really anything you can do about them. During a plateau your body is adjusting and recalculating. They happen when your body says, oh wait, I now weigh this much! It's best to let the process occur and just wait it out. Try to think of a plateau as an accomplishment. You've lost enough to make your body sit up and take notice. So, good for you! Also, remember, it's not a diet it's a life style change. You're in the for the long haul. So really, what's the rush? I know it's normal to set goals and have ambitions. I wanna be swim suit ready by spring, etc. But remember, the weight you're losing came on over time. It needs to take as long as it takes to get rid of it. At the end of the day, we may set goal days, but our bodies don't particularly care what we think. Just keep it going. Don't let a plateau get you down at all. If it starts to, be sure you have friends here to talk you off the ledge. No giving up!

And, congratulations on 50 pounds. That's no small achievement!

here, here!

very well said. i couldnt agree more.

i hit a plateau after 5 months of diet and exercise, then i stopped for 2 weeks and lost a lot of weight during that time, whilst enjoying more indulgent food and drink and relaxing (was on holiday). now i am back on the regime and i'm sure i'll hit that plateau again soon but it happens to us all and wont last long.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    try eating back your exercise calories