Black Wedding Dress?

Options

Replies

• christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I like # 2 & # 5.
    A good friend of mine wore black & it looked awesome.
    I personally would not, but I am too traditional.
    For some people, black works.
  • afwg1979
    afwg1979 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I got married in July, my wedding dress was black with red accents and I LOVED it. I wouldn't have worn anything else :)

Me, too! Cute and simple mini black dress with red piping: 1973, city hall. Divorced 1979, though the dress had nothing to do with it.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    They look like glorified prom gowns. Would be fun for a goth wedding though.

I hate the fish dresses though.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    White is a fairly recent phenomenon, historically. In the past, women would just wear the nicest, fanciest, best-looking dress she owned, no matter what color it was. And a lot of times, women would have a nice black mourning dress that they had only used a few times, so that would be what they wore to their wedding too.
    (Sorry, I'm a history buff. And it makes me laugh when young brides get so concerned with "traditions" that really aren't very old. I'm just glad my little sister didn't make me dance in a pig's feeding trough at her wedding. That's a tradition for unmarried elder siblings.) :laugh:

Oh gosh, I'm glad my sister's not planning this for me, too! I love doing my own thing anyways. I'll probably get married in a huge, awesome, hot pink gown. I don't even care. But I want to get married like I want to have kids: I want to plan the party and name the kids, then be done with it. I'm not ready for any long term consequences of either of those events.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine wore one. She looked beautiful! She's kind of an alternative girl anyway.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I wore black for my wedding,i was also planning on getting married by the grim reaper in vegas but i couldnt swing it in time.

My wedding dress was black lace nothing fancy,and I got married not on halloween but valentines day
  • nanodot
    nanodot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, I want #3! I probably wouldn't rear black to my wedding, but I would wear it to the afterparty.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i would wear black i like the first one and the 2nd. i ended up getting married quick at city hall no wedding no dress but when i was looking into it before we got hitched fast i was looking at colored dress or one i loved had lace up in the back and small bow with a blue or red i loved that but def would wear black \\actually come to think about it at my wedding i wore a black shirt and black skirt
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I didn't wear black on my wedding day, but I am planning on wearing a short, lacy black dress on our 10 year vow renewal. Only 5 1/2 more years, maybe I will be at goal weight by then.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i don't like any of those, but when i was searching for a wedding dress, i fell in love with a red and white velvet one. it made me wish i was getting married in the winter. instead i found an ecru wedding dress with satin-stitched butterflies that was more appropriate and just as beautiful. :)
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I dont get the whole wedding dress/ wedding stuff. The second one is pretty though.
  • theome
    theome Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    White is a fairly recent phenomenon, historically. In the past, women would just wear the nicest, fanciest, best-looking dress she owned, no matter what color it was. And a lot of times, women would have a nice black mourning dress that they had only used a few times, so that would be what they wore to their wedding too.
    (Sorry, I'm a history buff. And it makes me laugh when young brides get so concerned with "traditions" that really aren't very old. I'm just glad my little sister didn't make me dance in a pig's feeding trough at her wedding. That's a tradition for unmarried elder siblings.) :laugh:

this. virginity and purity had nothing to do with it.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I would wear black.
    Me too..especially if Vera is the designer. I love her dresses and I wear black all the time so it would have been normal for me to wear black to my wedding. I went with white though of course. lol
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    The idea of getting married would make me feel like I'm in mourning and, thus, I would have no problem wearing black.
  • lupie007
    lupie007 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I really like dress #2! Very pretty. We got married on Oct. 27th, 2001 and I would have worn a black dress if that was even being explored back then. it's a fun idea to play with. :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    My wedding dress is ivory, but i know a girl who had a black dress, and it was fantastic.

each to their own.
  • 1goodymom67
    Options
    Personally, I would not wear a black dress for my wedding but with said I saw the pics I didn't know they were suppose to be wedding dresses. To each their own though. If a bride wants to wear black for what ever reason ok.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I really like numbers 1 and 3, and they'd look great as wedding dresses if that's your sort of style / what you want.
    Me personally, I'll stick to white, but to each their own :)
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    When I married 9 years ago I wore traditional white...at the end of the day it's a personal choice :ohwell:
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I think number 1 is beautiful and would understand if someone chose to wear it.