tell us about a craft you are doing

Options
oregonlady
oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
i do many forms of crafting.
lately, i've been needlepointing. i prefer small projects. i often sit w/ hubby in front of the tv and needlepoint. it keeps my hands busy so i munch a bit less!:smile: it's also easy to tote along so i can do it when i'm waiting for things (kids, doc appt, etc...)

please write about crafty things you do!:huh: :bigsmile:

:heart: :heart:

Replies

• oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i do many forms of crafting.
    lately, i've been needlepointing. i prefer small projects. i often sit w/ hubby in front of the tv and needlepoint. it keeps my hands busy so i munch a bit less!:smile: it's also easy to tote along so i can do it when i'm waiting for things (kids, doc appt, etc...)

please write about crafty things you do!:huh: :bigsmile:

:heart: :heart:
  • charli723
    Options
    I like to needlepoint, too. Right now I am cross stitching a wedding announcement. When I get tired of reading or when I am traveling I like to do them. It makes the time go so much faster
  • Biggestloserfan
    Options
    I like to do cross stitch and crochet. I love that it keeps my hands busy and my mind off of eating. It is a good hobby to pick up to be distracting from mindless snacking in front of the TV. I also love the fact that you can put it in a tote and go and do it while you are waiting for doctors appts and other things. I also enjoy reading but it doesn't keep my hands as busy as crafts do!!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Ah! I need to to take up knitting again! I did it non-stop when I was pregnant with my son (I took it into lectures when I was getting my bachelors program, and my school was literally 97% male, so that was kind of a big deal :tongue: )

I'd forgotten how nice and busy your hands stay, so I wouldn't feel like I needed to eat... Thanks for reminding me!

In terms of hobbies I do now, I cook and bake. I make seasonal gingerbread houses (as in, for all the seasons, I make spring/Easter houses, 4th of July, Halloween etc). It sounds weird, but its so much fun. I am TRYING to get into cake decorating, but I can't really afford the equipment right now. :sad:
  • DelTonious_Max
    Options
    I'm currently not doing a project but I like to whittle and carve. Did my first "spirit"/walking stick a few months ago. Thought it came out pretty cool.
  • crosstitcher0563
    Options
    Crosstitching! :love: What else? I'm doing a big angel crosstitch right now. I got a baby sampler going too. I like to knit and crochet too, but don't have anything going right now.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    I make bracelets from all natural materials. Glass beads and semiprecious stones, shells, seeds, bone, coconut, wood, sterling silver. I've ben doing it for 6 years or so.

ZUMBA and bracelets go well together, too! One more reason to love ZUMBA.
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    I cross stitch, but I am actually looking for a new project. I recently finished a set of four 6'X8' Winnie the Pooh characters (Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet and Pooh) for my neice who was born this past summer. I was looking to finally do one for myself and my best friend tells me she is pregnant again. As I gave her first child (my God-daughter) the same set I just finished for my neice I need to find something different for the new little one. Any ideas would be welcome :happy:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I cross stitch, but I am actually looking for a new project. I recently finished a set of four 6'X8' Winnie the Pooh characters (Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet and Pooh) for my neice who was born this past summer. I was looking to finally do one for myself and my best friend tells me she is pregnant again. As I gave her first child (my God-daughter) the same set I just finished for my neice I need to find something different for the new little one. Any ideas would be welcome :happy:

Baby quilts are always nice. Plus you can sneak in some stiching. :bigsmile: There are always the little knitted baby outfit sets too. Or, if you sew and the wee one turns out to be a girl, matching baby-mommy dresses! Those are always a big hit. :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have been working on the same hooked lion head rug since 1974.

If I ever actually complete it, I will donate it to a museum!

I am prob the least crafty person I have ever met!

I love to enjoy the art of others, though!

:flowerforyou:
  • Dytari
    Dytari Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oil Painting, I love to paint! I don't often make time for it but I'm getting better.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I've been trying my hand at cake decorating lol
  • tattooed81
    Options
    I do a lot of mixed media artwork mostly with acrylic paints and collage work. Also use clay when I can find the time
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I crochet. I love it! I never get to the end of a blanket tho..... I always give up and tie it off, tell my kids I made them a scarf!
  • mburris
    mburris Posts: 55
    Options
    :bigsmile: It's Friday! I like scrapbooking. I never consider myself artsy, but I started making a scrapbook for my daughter's dancing memories. Then, I started working on her school memories. I don't do it everyday, but usually once a week.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I don't have any crafty hobbies, but I would like one. Any suggestions for something fun and cheap? I have tried crocheting and knitting before but my wrists start to hurt and I have to stop.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    It's not really a craft per say, but my hubby and I are both working on puzzles. His puzzles are
    Thomas Kincaid pictures and mine are animals, mostly dogs. When we finish them, we make framed pictures out of them. He works for a glass company so frames are easily made.

Hope that counts!

Memaw
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I love to crochet, I am working on a baby blanket right now, I also make seed bead necklaces and bracelets with charms which I sell. These are pretty much the only things I am interested in right now.
  • Periphria
    Periphria Posts: 358
    Options
    Right now until Easter I knit and crochet pneumonia vests for needy children in Africa. I have been doing this for three years or so and I'm always amazed at how many people participate.

I also Quilt, sew (I sell cloth diapers all over the world),cross-stitch, I do beadwork and my newest craft is scrap-booking. I quit smoking when I found out that I was prego with my oldest son, and having something to do with my hands saved the day. I find that having something to do all the time saves me from eating all the time too. Any time I get the munchies at night, I grab my knitting or crochet and before I know it the munchies have passed.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I am not a crafty person.
    I crocheted once, but it was crooked because I lacked patience.
    I love jigsaw puzzles but my 3 year old steals pieces, so I can't do an adult one.
    It's not a craft, but in my spare time, I read. If I can get absorbed in a book, I can avoid cravings.