Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

Options
I find this to be so true! I almost went over my calories last night because my mom made her delicious cookies! But I resisted :smile:

Do you agree with the saying that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I find this to be so true!

You have never had bacon.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Definitely do not feel that this saying fits me. I want to be strong. For me skinny means weak. Nothing feels as better than being able to lift, move, run, stand, dance, hold longer, heavier, faster than i ever could. Plus i love food. Eat the freaking cookie just dont have all of them. lol
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Definitely do not feel that this saying fits me. I want to be strong. For me skinny means weak. Nothing feels as better than being able to lift, move, run, stand, dance, hold longer, heavier, faster than i ever could. Plus i love food. Eat the freaking cookie just dont have all of them. lol

This. If I want a treat, I can have it....as long as I'm willing to sweat it out later. :) Good will power though!
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    One word- Chocolate
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options

THIS.
  • Janice1109
    Options
    YES!!!
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options

yep!^
    but i would rather make my own yum nutritious cookie :)

but good job resisting! why not make your own healthy cookies? i have a recipe posting as one of my statuses :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    First, that saying is used in the pro-eating disorder world, so you'll see a LOT of distaste for it here. Second, it implies that looking good is more important than eating. And third, yes, being strong, fit and healthy is better than skinny any day.
  • SummerFun2011
    Options
    I had one today! She just made them after I ate all my cals :flowerforyou:

I would have rather waited today and not went over my calories then have had one last night:smile:
  • errbear315
    Options
    I agree completely!! What satisfaction I used to get from eating, I get from wearing fun clothes!
  • amberrrogers
    Options
    I have only been at this just under 4 weeks. i have have found that if I deprive myself, I get frustrated and binge later. So I just have the cookie or whatever and then just remember that I have to work out, no ifs, and or buts. And Im finding way to have the food I want and making them fit into my calorie goals by modifying them. By the way if you like brownies, I suggest trying black bean brownies! And make them in cupcake cup liner thingies for precise portion control and a feeling like you are getting a big giant brownie
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    First, that saying is used in the pro-eating disorder world, so you'll see a LOT of distaste for it here. Second, it implies that looking good is more important than eating. And third, yes, being strong, fit and healthy is better than skinny any day.

YES.

I've been there and I don't ever want to go back.

OH and have a frickin' cookie! It won't kill ya or automatically put on another pound. Everything in moderation.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I find this to be so true! I almost went over my calories last night because my mom made her delicious cookies! But I resisted :smile:

Do you agree with the saying that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels?

No - I could not disagree more.

You might believe that if you eat low-fat, altered, diet food. But if you eat food how food was meant to be eaten, you eat less and are satisfied immeasurably more.

I am not here to get skinny - I am here to get strong and fit and healthy - and eating delicious whole foods fits in perfectly with my plan.

:flowerforyou:
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    nope, not at all. But, then again, I came from a "skinny" background and HATED it. I love the new curvy, healthy, athletic me. I struggled to put the weight back on for years, so there is nothing off limits to me, except for right now, and that was just cutting back (a little) on carbs and a lot on fat in my "trimming down" phase, but that's only 2 and a half more weeks, then I can go back to eating whatever I want, as long as I budget it in.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    So does that mean starving people feel great,and wouldnt if they got some food.......im confused..............
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    YAY! Let's promoting disordered eating!

:angry:
  • SummerFun2011
    Options

YES.

I've been there and I don't ever want to go back.

OH and have a frickin' cookie! It won't kill ya or automatically put on another pound. Everything in moderation.

well like i said i had one today. I was just proud that i waited so that i would stay under my calories:flowerforyou:
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options

Hey, do you think doing THAT again would help me lose these last 8 pounds???
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options

• aussie88l
    Options
    we realize this is a kate moss quote that was a pro-ana mantra for a while, right?