Just ran 3.25 miles in 30 minutes!

Options
shovav91
shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
Throughout my life, I have essentially feared working out. Thanks big part to MFP, I've realized that it's really not so bad. In high school I had trouble running a mile, and I hated the thought of trying. Today was a huge step, as I've wanted to run a 5k for a long time but never thought it was possible. Tonight, I ran the full distance without a break! I'm so thrilled... the people at the gym must have thought I was crazy walking around the track with a huge grin on my face. I couldn't be happier right now... I feel like I'm walking on air :)

Eventually I want to run a 10k, or run for an hour without stopping. I can't wait to keep improving!

This just goes to show that you are capable of ANYTHING you want to do. Don't EVER tell yourself that you can't, because you CAN! You are your only obstacle. Get out there and do it. Don't start tomorrow, start now!

Replies

• westnancy
    westnancy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good for you! WTG!!!!!
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    That's great! That's my goal this Sunday, to run a 5k without stopping. Good for you!
  • Janice1109
    Options
    Congratz!,
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! Dont let anyone know.. but i want to get to the point where i can run a 5k-10k and some day participate in a marathon... i mean i life 20 mins from boston, no reason i cant run in that... however... IM REALLY REALLY REALLY far away from that point. But i digress.... VERY NICE!!! keep up the good work.

And dont worry about what people think, i was at the gym watching How I Met Your Mother... and started laughing while running on the elliptical :) people were staring ... it was pretty epic
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    congrats! pat yourself on the back!
  • shovav91
    Options
    CONGRATS! Dont let anyone know.. but i want to get to the point where i can run a 5k-10k and some day participate in a marathon... i mean i life 20 mins from boston, no reason i cant run in that... however... IM REALLY REALLY REALLY far away from that point. But i digress.... VERY NICE!!! keep up the good work.

And dont worry about what people think, i was at the gym watching How I Met Your Mother... and started laughing while running on the elliptical :) people were staring ... it was pretty epic

You can do it! Start slow... you will be surprised how your body learns and becomes more efficient. I sure was! I can't wait to hear about the day you cross the finish line :) I will be cheering you on in spirit!
    And that is too funny that you started laughing- I do that all the time when I watch a show at the gym. Whoopsies! :P

Thank you all for your words of support!! It means so much.
  • jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options
    Congrats!!! What a feeling that must be! So happy for you!!
    I just recently started jogging again after about 10 years of either not being able to or not being willing to. The other night I ran as fast as I could up the hill to my house, my heart felt like it would explode, but I was giddy ...I RAN!!! :D
    Thank you for sharing your inspiration and best wishes as you continue to meet your goals!
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    This is great. I am so proud of you for sticking with it and actually completing the 5K. I am a great walker, but not so good runner. I think I will use you as an inspiration.
  • shovav91
    Options
    Congrats!!! What a feeling that must be! So happy for you!!
    I just recently started jogging again after about 10 years of either not being able to or not being willing to. The other night I ran as fast as I could up the hill to my house, my heart felt like it would explode, but I was giddy ...I RAN!!! :D
    Thank you for sharing your inspiration and best wishes as you continue to meet your goals!

I feel like getting yourself out there and moving is harder than the actual running! Stick with it, you're going to do GREAT! Thank you so so much for the encouragement :D
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Good for you... that is my goal to run for 5km without stopping.
  • shovav91
    Options
    This is great. I am so proud of you for sticking with it and actually completing the 5K. I am a great walker, but not so good runner. I think I will use you as an inspiration.

You just made my day- feel free to add me, we can support each other (that goes for all of you)! Keep at it, you will absolutely get to where you want to be :D
    I'm flashing back to my first attempt at running a mile- it took me 12 minutes and I literally thought I was going to die. My face was burning and my heart hurt, I felt like there was a lump in my throat and almost threw up. We've all been there- just keep pushing. One day at a time, one step at a time- nothing is out of reach!
  • cufirst84
    cufirst84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    awesome, great job
  • shovav91
    Options
    Good for you... that is my goal to run for 5km without stopping.

You can do it! Let me know when you do :D
  • haepifeet
    haepifeet Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING!! :D
  • shovav91
    Options
    You are AMAZING!! :D

Oh my gosh, you're too sweet!
    I'm pretty sure I just blushed.
  • SaishaLea
    SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly! That is awesome!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I am on week 3 of the Hal Higdon 5K trainer and I am still in the walk some/run some stage, but the walks are getting shorter and the runs are getting longer. I did two miles earlier this week in 28:20 which for me was an awesome pace and you are blowing me away so keep it up!

Someone else said on here, and I apologize I can't give them credit, but "NO matter how slow you are you are still doing laps around those on the couch".
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! thats awesome!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is just fantastic.
  • Shannafo
    Shannafo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! Way to stick with it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!