Ugh! I want a cookie!

Options
My daughter's birthday is tomorrow and she wanted to bring monster cookies for her snack to the class. I just made a few dozen of them loaded with butter, sugar, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and M&M's. I LOVE them and want one so bad with a big glass of milk. (Skim Delight of course! :wink: )

I am resisting. I am resisting. I am resisting! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I really want one. They are my favorite kind of cookie! I couldn't even guess the calorie/fat content, though! (sky high, I'm sure!)

Just so you know - THIS SUCKS! :angry:

Replies

• kolbif
    kolbif Posts: 83
    Options
    My daughter's birthday is tomorrow and she wanted to bring monster cookies for her snack to the class. I just made a few dozen of them loaded with butter, sugar, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and M&M's. I LOVE them and want one so bad with a big glass of milk. (Skim Delight of course! :wink: )

I really want one. They are my favorite kind of cookie! I couldn't even guess the calorie/fat content, though! (sky high, I'm sure!)

• rrmudd
    rrmudd Posts: 12
    Options
    Some people can eat just a small bite of cookie and be ok. Not me! I would eat the cookie and drink my milk and still crave another.
    Maybe you could have a cookie but know that as soon as you are done you have to do enough cardio to burn it off. Does the cookie still look as good as before? You BET! Eat while your work out. Take a bite after 10 mins on the treadmill and then another bite after another 10 mins on the bike. Then you will have your cookie and eat it too.:laugh:
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    My favorite is snicker-doodle and ginger snap cookies. I want a monster cookie after reading your description..... And we can't even have peanut butter anywhere near our house because my son is so severely allergic to it.

I passed up free pizza and drinks tonight.... My favorite pizza too.... Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower.

Resist and they will all be gone (to her school) before you know it.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    My favorite is snicker-doodle and ginger snap cookies. I want a monster cookie after reading your description..... And we can't even have peanut butter anywhere near our house because my son is so severely allergic to it.

I passed up free pizza and drinks tonight.... My favorite pizza too.... Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower, Willpower.

Resist and they will all be gone (to her school) before you know it.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    You want a cookie, ahh I just want the recipe! I've been looking for the 'real monster cookie recipe' and I'll be waiting for it to arrive in my PM's:noway: :ohwell: :wink: :drinker: I find baking for others as much fun as when I used to eat them but I sure know what you mean about that feeling you get sometimes when you just WANT A COOKIE!

Some great ideas folks have shared here...hope one of them works for you, if you decide to eat a cookie, before you take your first bite, please be sure to enjoy it and not eat it with guilt, that's when we often find we grab another to get rid of the guilty feeling.:noway: :ohwell: No need to feel guilt over anything...you get to chose... if we allow ourselves to make a choice then we end up not binging by thinking it through first. Well most times it works that way..:laugh: :tongue:

Cheers:drinker:
    FC:heart:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    6.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    6.gif

but would you like milk with that?:tongue:DogBrownSpotted.gifFoodCookiesnMilk-1.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

ok, so here we sit waiting and wondering.....86440010_toGYrEJD_help3.gifhush.gifthlipssealed-1.gif86439924_zW5LpjjQ_crossedfingers.gif

Hey cool, if you are up to it and burn off say 400-ish cals you win a cookie... or how about breaking on in half even? Just trying to help, sometimes I can bake with others in mind and have no problem with the item, other times I put off the baking until I am feeling a bit stronger and do a treat first.

OH OH OH....here's an idea.... you can take ONE cookie wrapt it up put it in the freezer and then tomorrow you can then decide whether or not you stil want one. You could plan it into your day then much better than this late at night. But either way, remember no guilt:flowerforyou: :noway:

Ok, here's a calorie count with no M & M's in this recipe....

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 90.2g

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 406
    Calories from Fat 186
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 20.7g32%
    Saturated Fat 6.7g34%
    Cholesterol 47mg16%
    Sodium 393mg16%
    Total Carbohydrates 48.1g16%
    Dietary Fiber 3.5g14%
    Sugars 31.5g
    Protein 9.9g

Vitamin A 4% • Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 6% • Iron 10%

* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional details are an estimate and should only be used as a guide for approximation.
  • aubs057
    aubs057 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just eat one :) it is good for you!
  • kolbif
    kolbif Posts: 83
    Options
    I ate one!!!!!!! And I didn't feel too guilty cuz it really didn't put me over much on my calories and fat. (didn't eat a whole lot of high calorie, high fat foods today, I guess!)

And, boy, it was GOOD! I was gonna break it in half and just eat half of it, but then sat there and thought about it and said "Screw it! Eat the whole thing!" Yum.

The really bad part is: I couldn't watch Biggest Loser on Tuesday, so I recorded it and watched it tonight (last night was saved for Lost, of course!) and I sat there and ate my cookie while watching all those poor people suffer on T.V.! (and I HATED the outcome, BTW, for all you Biggest Loser fans!!)

I gave in . . . and I'm okay with it! Am tired now - sugar rush is wearing off - so am going to bed. Have a great night all! :yawn:

BTW - I loved all your little cookie icons/thingys - where did you get them?? The one with the cookie crushing the little guy - that's awesome! Oh, and FC - will get you the recipe ASAP. It's the best one I've ever had.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I ate one!!!!!!! And I didn't feel too guilty cuz it really didn't put me over much on my calories and fat. (didn't eat a whole lot of high calorie, high fat foods today, I guess!)

And, boy, it was GOOD! I was gonna break it in half and just eat half of it, but then sat there and thought about it and said "Screw it! Eat the whole thing!" Yum.

The really bad part is: I couldn't watch Biggest Loser on Tuesday, so I recorded it and watched it tonight (last night was saved for Lost, of course!) and I sat there and ate my cookie while watching all those poor people suffer on T.V.! (and I HATED the outcome, BTW, for all you Biggest Loser fans!!)

I gave in . . . and I'm okay with it! Am tired now - sugar rush is wearing off - so am going to bed. Have a great night all! :yawn:

BTW - I loved all your little cookie icons/thingys - where did you get them?? The one with the cookie crushing the little guy - that's awesome! Oh, and FC - will get you the recipe ASAP. It's the best one I've ever had.
    I'm so proud of you kolbip! You did good, you made a decision, ate a cookie, aren't allowing guilt in your path and have now satisfied your cookie craving. In the morning, your daughters school will get the rest so they can then get the heck outta the house!!:laugh: :noway:

FC:heart:
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    i second the good for you vibe. i had a salami craving today and gave in... and for the first time in a long time i released the guilt!!!

as soon as you start depriving yourself, it's a recipe for failure. i hope it was tasty tasty!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    i second the good for you vibe. i had a salami craving today and gave in... and for the first time in a long time i released the guilt!!!

as soon as you start depriving yourself, it's a recipe for failure. i hope it was tasty tasty!!!
    :drinker: Well said ellelit:flowerforyou: :wink:
  • Violet_Mist
    Options
    I know what you mean! I tend to get cravings for foods I KNOW I shouldn't have to lose weight...like ice cream....normally I'd eat it and think nothing of it, but I refuse to do that! I substitute it for sherbert instead.:laugh: I also get 'I'm bored' cravings, since I'm used to eating when I'm bored....but I refuse to do that as well! At least you got to enjoy one cookie. Feel proud of yourself for not overdoing it! Think of it as a reward for your hard work. My class is selling Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and I have the glazed ones coming....I'm allowing myself ONE DOUGHNUT and burning off the calories later!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    My new fave......:love:

Chocolate chip/peanut butter rice cake - 60 cals
    1 TBSP whipped frosting - 50 cals

It's goooooood! :love: