RUNNERS - Water Belt Question

Options
2»

Replies

• KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I use a Nathan handheld for half marathons. I find that between that and the water stations set up that I have enough hydration. My hubby uses an amphipod belt with 2 bottles.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I just got the Nathan Trail belt, it has two water bottles and a bit larger carry pouch, as well as bunge's that you can hook things into. I used to have an Ampiphod handheld, but found my running for is better w/o the hand held. I hold my arms different and don't use them for hillwork as well w/o it.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    bump
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    i use a camelback flo pak. its a waist pack that has its own bladder. had the backpack and it hurt my shoulders during my run. i dont like fidling with bottles and i dont like hearing that sloshing sound when the bottle is almost empty. love the pockets it has and you cant even tell you have it on
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'll checking in on this one as more people chime in...
  • alair1980
    alair1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I use a Nathan water belt with two bottles (I lost my 4 bottle one :grumble: ) I know people who have the fuelbelt and a lot of them struggle with trying to put the bottles back in, especially on colder days when they have gloves on.

For longer runs and trail running I use a Salomon XT Wings 10+3 Vest.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I've been using the amphipod 2-bottle belt for a couple of weeks. So far, the jury is still out for me. I have an hourglass figure, so my belt has a tendency to slid up as a run. I don't like it cinched around my waist, as it makes me nauseous, but too loose and it bounces around A LOT. I have a nathan single bottle belt too, and got the amphipod because the Nathan bounced a ton unless I cinched it so tight around my waist that I looked like a damn sausage! ;) The amphipod doesn't move as much, but it is totally not flattering. ;)
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I have a Nathan 4 bottle belt I used a lot this summer/fall while training for my first half. Loved it but now I think I need a smaller size (smiles!) and I wouldn't mind getting a 2 bottle one for winter. The pocket in the four bottle one is big enough for my iPhone and some sport beans and a key which works out great. During my race I relied only on the water stations and that was plenty for me. I tend to come back from even 12 mile training runs with water left over, so I figured I'd be ok and I was (granted, it was cooler than some of my summer runs). It was suggested at my running store to try them on and fiddle with getting the bottles in and out so you get a feel for which model works best for you. I'm sure I looked silly jumping up and down in my jeans that day, but it was worth the time I took trying them each on. The belt on the Nathan products is slightly stretchy and the velcro is super large and strong so it holds in place really nicely.

Just my experience (which is limited).
  • gavini
    gavini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i used a belt for a while but it didnt seem worth the effort since it didnt carry that much water, i switched to a camelpak 70 oz version and have liked that for training runs. i once wore it in a marathon but will never do so for any event again since you can always get water at plenty of aid stations in a race (part of what i am paying for) and i got annoyed by carrying the extra baggage and feeling a little restricted and/or chaffed by it
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! This is great advice!
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    BUMP