Other people with thin friends...help:(

Options
Okay so I apologize for this rant but I just have to say how completely tired I am from feeling sooo inferior to all of my friends. I swear these girls eat 5x more than I do and they never work out. I just went to the gym with one of them and she's got to be 30 lbs less than me and even though she goes to the gym she doesn't really even do much...and ALL SHE DOES IS EAT. I just want to cry right now because I have seriously cut back so much of the crappy food eating and I try to exercise as much as I can and even though I've been losing weight I just feel like they're so much better than me. I could really use some support right now:cry:

Replies

• aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I totally know how you feel, its a horrid thing to go through! Take this to heart tho, just because they look great on the outside doesnt mean the inside is doing just as great.

My moms friend who is super thin just found out she will have to go on cholesterol meds just because of her diet!

Keep strong in your workouts and focus on how great it feels to stay active and eat healthy. And be proud of the progress you have gotten! You will appreciate being thin soo much more than they ever will, and when their metabolism slows down, they won't know how to handle it.. and you will!

Be strong, be proud, BE YOU!
  • amberrrogers
    Options
    girl girl girl! I know how you feel. but every person is different. I had to learn to love myself as a fat woman before I could even think about making a change for my health. But anyhow, we all have those friends who seem to have been blessed with naturally high metabolism, can eat what they want, be lazy and never ever worry about what will happen. We all arent that lucky. And as long as you are doing what it takes for you to be a healthier you, then you have to stop letting it get to you
  • slimherdown
    Options
    can't compare yourself to others I have the same issue on one end I have the friends that are smaller and do absolutely nothing but remain small and on the other end I am the smaller friend complaining about my size. what matters most is that your trying. its so easy to give up but you have to remember who your doing this for.....Y-O-U

GOOD LUCK
  • cprys8942
    cprys8942 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    that's what I keep telling myself. They're just trashing their nice bodies. When I'm thin I'm going to take good care of myself and never take what I have for granted. Thank youuuuu
  • BiggestLoserTimmy30
    Options
    i don't have many thin friends i have a few and yes i feel that they look great and i keep telling myself i will get there one day... you just need to find what songs on your ipod or music player work for you and utilize that to motivate you in the gym... or to give you better confidence you should feel great knowing you lost weight... and if they are your friends they will feel good for you.... i have gained so much more confidence that i don't care what no one says or think... and they are not better than you.... just cause they don't have to watch what they eat.... it will come back to bite them in the butt someday... but you shouldn't be so down on yourself just cause they don't have to work hard at being thin.... smile and cheer up... and as in the one dance song.... says by martin solveig feat. dragonette... hello!!
  • hanaibo
    hanaibo Posts: 42
    Options
    I used to feel like this about my friends at one point...most of them would be struggling to put on weight, while I was overweight. We used to joke about trying to 'even out weights out' sometimes. People are different body types...the fact that your friend may be thinner than you without much effort does not make you inferior in any way. I don't know if it is a healthy way to look at well, being healthy. I won't try to impose my beliefs about lifestyle changes and body image...but I think that it's best to cut out crap and exercise for yourself, and not to be "better looking" or "as good as my thin friends". Your friends may be skinny...but if they eat crap all day and don't exercise, a so-called 'healthy weight' on its own does not equal being healthy. I hope that helps. Don't lean your worth on something silly like how you look. There are so many other things that make people awesome!
  • leopardvice
    Options
    Hang in there! I totally know how you feel, its a horrid thing to go through! Take this to heart tho, just because they look great on the outside doesnt mean the inside is doing just as great.

My moms friend who is super thin just found out she will have to go on cholesterol meds just because of her diet!

Keep strong in your workouts and focus on how great it feels to stay active and eat healthy. And be proud of the progress you have gotten! You will appreciate being thin soo much more than they ever will, and when their metabolism slows down, they won't know how to handle it.. and you will!

Be strong, be proud, BE YOU!

its true i have a friend who will eat just a bag of chips all day and shes tiny but has lot of health problems. society puts too much emphasis on looks. its really good that you are working out and eating well. strength, endurance and getting proper nutrition is way more important than being a size 2
  • cprys8942
    Options
    thansk girls<3 I'm trying to keep my head up and remember that this is all going to be worth it some day.
  • wildcatlizzie
    Options
    Everyone's metabolism is different. I had a friend in high school who ate like a horse, but she was also really active. She was accused of being anorexic a lot which was far from the truth.

You just need to focus on yourself and all the good that you're doing for you. Focus on all the good that you've done and how much better it makes you feel!

Plus, take note that your friends' metabolisms will slow down and it will probably catch up with them later in life. ;)
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    First of all and this is no offense to your friend, however, its been my expierence that if you have to work extrememly hard for something, you are the better for it. You respect it more, take care of it more and learn about it more. Remember that there are people out there, who say .. "ohh .. i'm so fat, I need to lose at least 3 lbs so I can get into my size 0 dress" and you know they really haven't had the struggle that others do. So they are going to go through life not knowing what real struggle, pain, sadness, determination, rising to the challenge and succeeding at a long term goal is. You will however know what its like to be on both ends and you will be the wiser for it AND know that if something painful and difficult comes your way ... you can not only survive it, but kick its @$$.

You can start out Pretty and Stupid, or Smart and Fat.... and you can always lose weight...but you can't fix stupid :)
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I used to be the fat friend but I'm not anymore. I haven't lost much weight, but they have started a bad McDonalds/binge drinking habit. I'm not the fat one anymore. It could happen for you, don't give up. :flowerforyou:
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    LOVE you for YOU. Have confidence and be you even if you are bigger than them it doesnt mean you are not as pretty as they are. I know it maybe hard but I have a girl friend who is 5 ft 2 260 lbs and gets HIT on all the time by random men because she has great self confidence,

Are those skinny friend tiny, and unhealthy yes, but you will learn how to take care of you better and in the long run be healthier then them as you age. It may seem hard now but as we age your body will change and so will thiers and they may not keep that skinny figure forever. It may catch up to them because of how they are treating it. All in all they will have body issues like you. They probably have a problem area they hate just like you.
  • cprys8942
    Options
    thank you everyone it's so great to know that I have people who are experiencing the same problems that I am and that can support me. you guys rock<3
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    yuuuup.... my best friend is 46 kg??? and all she does is eat maccas and kfc all day and no exercise!
  • kirstengirl
    Options
    I was that thin friend - forever I could eat whatever I wanted, didn't exercise, and felt blessed by my naturally high matabolism. Well, let me tell you this: IT WILL CATCH UP WITH THEM! Suddenly (it seems), I have gained a bunch of weight and had such bad habits in place that I now have to try to break.
    Just do the right thing and smile in your head and know...
    :laugh: